Sea fishing!

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
My first sea trip out and i had an awesome time. I caught this beautiful hunk of a fish, weighing in at 9lb 11oz! I also had a 4lb pollack on the day.

I loved Sea fishing, but i'm still trying to get my land legs back!

Ooops i forgot to add the pic!

Erm... Graham what do i do now :)

Janet (AT)

Reaction score
Wendy, that's a cracker! Where were you fishing?

Don't worry - you'll get your land legs back soon. I'm off on a boating holiday for two weeks next weekend. It takes a while to get back to normal after time afloat!

C

Cakey

Wendy thanks for sending me the piccy..... superb fish but you really should cut out the background to keep location a secret

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Well done lil sis.....it's a cracking bass....hope you released it though? :-0

W

Wolfman Woody

It's here

You know how I feel already, Wendy. GRRRRRRRRRR!

Belter though, init? How are you going to cook it? Barbequed with lemon, or steamed with ginger and onions and hot sesame oil poured over after?

W

Wolfman Woody

"you really should cut out the background to keep location a secret"

She is silly, Cakey. She put a cross on the side of the boat so she would know the spot again.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Woodyyyyyyyy shut up pleassssse...do you realize how many yrs it took for that bass to grow to that size?.....you can't just slap it on bbq WEND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME YOU RELEASED THE BASS

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Superb Bass Wendy, well done. As Claudia says, they are very slow growing fish and to land one of just short of double figures is no mean achievement.

W

Wolfman Woody

Nothing wrong with taking it for the pot. It may be reching the end of its life anyway.

Then there's the matter of how deep was it caught? Too deep and it's swim bladder may have blown, might not fully recover anyway.

Not got to be too sentimental over these things. A trawlerman wouldn't think twice, good cash catch and tasty with it.

The old saying "there's plenty more fish in the sea" is true, albeit a lot are threatened now, but more by excessive trawling than catches on rod and line.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Wend, that is a proper Bass! Seriously! Well done mate.

Can you crop the pic a bit, that wave over your left shoulder gives it away!

;-)

Morespiders

Reaction score
You beat me to that one Woody, Wendy bass from a boat dont really count Im affraid.

C

Cakey

opinions from anyone named Derek dont really count Im afraid

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Spiderman, it count on the day ;) and for that i am going to go fly fishing today and use SPIDERS

Oh Steve can you really tell where i am? It's a rubber fish ya know, i caught it in my local park thats just a drop down scene behind me ;)

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Smashing fish that Wend, wish I lived closer to the coast so I could do more (any!) sea fishing.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Great fish Wendy, bet that fought like mad!
After looking at your pic and hearing my dads success last year I'm hopefully going down to Cornwall to have a go for them this summer!

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Christian, you'll love it mate, it's a fantastic feeling to know you are catching from the Sea! Yes they do put up a great fight, and i nearly went overboard a few times :)

Graham, maybe we should organise an FM Sea fishing trip?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Yes, why not, especially if someone's got a good sea sickness prevention. Last time I went I spent most of it throwing up and swearing I'd never go again. Mind you, the previous night's curry and lager didn't help, and that morning's full English, so I guess I asked for it.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
I was fine when i was on the boat, didn't feel sick at all, i even ate my dinner on it. But now two days later i still feel like i'm swaying haha.

Graham i think it was probably the food there that did it :)0)