Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compact Cameras

Default Re: Compact Cameras

I have had the cannon for well over a year now and its done everything that I expected, its a cracking little camera.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

The P7100 looks very good but the screen does not swivel which is a shame.

Blog Entries

It's a shame the screen on the P7100 doesn't swivel, but the zoom end of the lens has a longer reach than the G12, 200mm as against 140mm (35mm equiv). And I already have a wireless remote that will work with the P7100.

There isn't a great deal to choose between the Canon G12 and the Nikon P7100, but weighing up all the pros and cons of each I've ordered the Nikon.

I had a Canon G11 and there is no doubt it's a first class camera that took some terrific shots, so it wasn't an easy decision to go for the P7100.

Question Re: Compact Cameras

Has anyone had much experience with the waterproof compacts?. I have been considering the sony version. I try to travel light when fishing and my Nikon DSLR is to big and too nice to risk using when wading.
    In every angler there is madness
    In every angler there is sadness

Blog Entries

I have the p7000 Graham and I am delighted with it. I don't use RAW so the slow 5 second time period for processing is not noticed. I had not noticed that the viewing screen does not swivel on the p7100.

When the price comes tumbling down (it's at a penny short of £500.00) I will probably order a p7100.

What you will notice with the Nikon is the absence of a delayed action when you press the shutter. It's almost instantaneous. And you can do some wonderful macro photography without having to change lenses. It almost has every feature of a good DSLR less the expense and weight. There is no doubt that the days of the DSLR are numbered.

Just dropped to £439.60 at Amazon, I was checking them out a few days ago.
    Jerry
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

Blog Entries

I'll wait whilst it drops below £400.00 as it is sure to do in these times of recession.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12