Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Smile Please

Default Smile Please

Why is it that so many anglers holding fish for the Camera don't Smile.

I might sometimes struggle with a picture if I'm taking a self take, but for most of the time I try to smile

Why it that so many Carp and Barbel Angler, don't seem very happy with their captures

I have heard it said, it's about the fish, not me

But if thats the case, why not take a photo of the fish on the mat

Bob

Default Re: Smile Please

Hi Bob,

Couldn't agree with you more!

If fishing doesn't make you happy then something's wrong, costs nothing and makes the world a more pleasant place.

Making my favourite music analogy, The Boss is always smiling when he plays and thats infectious, frowning is so yesterday!

All the best.

If it looked like fun, everyone would be trying it, and you'd never get a swim...

They are trying to look professional, if they smile it might look like an accidental
    capture.
    Personally I prefer to take a "classic" photo of just the fish in the net with rod and reel.
    A bit sad really.
    PaSC Failed Club

Blog Entries

I just love the; 'Im not interested, kind of bored, do this all the time' look that you see on anglers faces when holding a specimen size fish.

It always amazes me how they can stay up all night, in the same clothes and then as if by a miracle, look clean and pressed in a sponsor's T shirt just in time for the picture . . . . . . .

Yeah, right!

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Blog Entries

I try to smile as catching fish makes me happy, sometimes a really big fish can "blow you away" looking in awe face

There is a flipside to this though some anglers in the magazines can look a bit crazy with there big cheesy grins.

Quote Originally Posted by dannytaylor View Post
    I try to smile as catching fish makes me happy, sometimes a really big fish can "blow you away" looking in awe face

There is a flipside to this though some anglers in the magazines can look a bit crazy with there big cheesy grins.
    And Crazy Red Eye's

Blog Entries

On this subject, I was once at a fly fishing competition when a man who'd been banned from one trout fishery earlier that year for having a pocketful of Cheddar won the individual's trophy.

During the presentation, he was called to collect his prize and, as he accepted the trophy, some wag at the back yelled: "Say cheese!"

Laugh? I nearly bought a round....
    ------------------------------------------------
    The Angling Trust - if you don't join, nothing will change
    MY POLITICAL BLOG

Quote Originally Posted by dannytaylor View Post

There is always a difference between magazine and real life.

10. Default Re: Smile Please

most of the kids smile in the angling times pics page,i like to see anglers smiling,although the lay down in the grass with fish pose is just weird lol.