Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: D300

http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/prod585.html

Its seems quite a lot of stores are now competing and dropping prices
    Ageing rock guitar hero

Monk ( or Cakey )can you recomend a compact camera, I'm looking for some thing to slip into the pocket, I have a fuji 602 but like allSLR type camera's there big. There are so many compact's on the market I'm finding it difficult to choose, I've been looking at the Cannon G9 but it's a bit more than I wanted to spend on a compact.

I would be gratful for any idea's.

Hi jeff, I`m really not sure mate, the technology appears to be moving at an incredible rate, I`m sure the old Nikon film camras didnt move this fast, you can now pick up a sigma 14MPS for £600, its not just about MPS of course but it helps, I predict we`ll see 20 plus MPS in the next 10 years as standard, I think whatever you buy jeff alway be [repared to maybe have to change it a few years down the line.
    Ageing rock guitar hero

I know what you mean about the technology moving fast, I've seen 14mps to, I think they will hit 20mps real quick. It make's the camera's all most disposable, one or two year's and there out of date.

yes disposable,when i bought my D100 i paid £1200 for it I think it was about 2003, its 6.2 MPS
    Ageing rock guitar hero

Trade it in on a new D300 there sure to give you top dollar on old one, then all you need to find is the other £900 [img]/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif[/img]. I think it's the same with pc's, a few year's then through them in the bin.

I`ve got the D200 too, you can pick up reconditioned D100s up for a few hundred quid now
    Ageing rock guitar hero

based on present technology, what is the limit of MPS in 35mm format?
    Ageing rock guitar hero

Popular premise is that 35mm fine grain film is roughly equal to 25 mps.

yes I`ve just heard that Graham, thanks, I don`t expect it will take long to get to that level either, I expect my the time the D5 comes out they will have hit it, so its looks like I`1ll have to buy at least one more camera before my retirement.
    Ageing rock guitar hero

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast