Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NomadPaul Guest

I am looking to buy a new digital SLR and get into photgraphy a bit more .

The model i'm looking at is a Nikon D40 which seems to get decent reviews as a beginners camera and i was wondering if anyone here has had any experience of this little number

All advice gratefully recieved

Paul

I think the D40 is not a bad camera, but for what you will pay for one you could up the mega Pixels and go for something with 10, you can poick a D200 up for about £400 now
    Ageing rock guitar hero

Where Monk I could be tempted at that price.

a good camera mate, I saw it on thinkcamera, not sure which thread but check places like dixons, I`ll have a lookfor you tommorrow mate
    Ageing rock guitar hero

Monk surely you could flog him your old camera? -Pass it of as top notch

"Monk surely you could flog him your old camera? -Pass it of as top notch"

It's almost as expensive as the D200[img]/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif[/img][img]/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif[/img]

Colin

haha, no I`ll hang onto the D200 at the moment, I`ve had a look on site and the cheapest I can now find are £600 plus?, I`ve seen them at just over £400 though, I have however got an incredible Nikon F5 in you are interested, only £299.00 body only[img]/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif[/img]
    Ageing rock guitar hero

I think you must be mistaken Monk, there are used ones on eBay already bid up to well over £400. And don't forget Bryan, that's for body only.

New ones are still fetchingat least£600, body only.

NomadPaul, if you only intend using it for the web, or for prints up to A4 then go for the D40; it uses exactly the same lenses as the D200 (and the D300 come to that).

If you want to get into more serious amateur photography then pay the extra and go for the D200.

I've recently bought the D40x (10mp) and it does everything I want (and probably a lot more) So idiot proof even I can use it, I would say its an ideal 'starter' for DSLR world
    Still not sure what's going on

Yes I could be Graham[img]/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif[/img], all I`m getting is around £600 now on the websites!

Only about a month off getting me D300 now, [img]/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif[/img][img]/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif[/img][img]/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif[/img], you would believe the rubbish I`ve sold to get saving[img]/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif[/img], the house looks a lot tidier now though and I`ve just found the cat again under a load of old books[img]/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif[/img]
    Ageing rock guitar hero

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast