Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

As resizing pictures seemed to be a bit of an issue for some I have given some detailed instructions here of how to resize pictures using a TOTALLY FREE application, called the GIMP.

Why pay a fortune for a piece of software to edit pictures when this is fully functional, free and legal!

You can edit and crop pictures, re-touch photos and add effects, but here I am giving a simple guide of how to change the pixel size of a picture to display properly in a web page and shrink the picture file size to allow upload to a website.

here in pictures is a set of instructions

1 Find your picture

2 find out how big it is in bytes, FM needs this file to be smaller than 250 kB

up pops a window

open the picture using GIMP

I am glad when we moved to fish and fly I did not have my post count carried over, means I can act like a newbie!!

3 Change the size to something that displays at a reasonable size on most PC's

this is what you end up with

4 now to save it in a compressed form to post up

save the file by clicking on the save as

now change the compression

now if you check the file size as we did on the original image, the new file should be alot smaller

I hope that is clear enough, I will try and answer any questions, but I am no expert.

Oh, and by the way, here is the final image of Claudia with a lovely cod, well done girl!!

I am glad when we moved to fish and fly I did not have my post count carried over, means I can act like a newbie!!

If the picture seem a bit small to read, click on each one to get it full size

Blog Entries

nice one .
    Fancy a pint?