Posting photos direct

seth49

Reaction score
On the Salmon fishing forum which is now owned by the owners of Fishing Magic, you are able to post photos straight from your own computer or tablet without having to use Photobucket etc.

Any chance of this feature being available here, it's a lot simpler to use.
Thank you.

greenie62

Reaction score
It may be because other F&F Forums use the vBulletin v4.1.0 rather than the obsolete v3.8.4 which we are still on!:eek:mg:

Comments have been made in the past about the persistence with out-of-date Forum software - unfortunately the powers-that-be don't seem to care - we are only coarse fishermen :eek: - so don't seem to matter in the F&F world view! [ - or even in the Ed's ?!:rolleyes:]

seth49

Reaction score
And yet fishing magic has one hundred and six thousand five hundred and twenty five members.

And the salmon fishing forum has only eleven thousand six hundred and twenty four members.

Doesn't seem fair does it?.

flightliner

Reaction score
I despair . I have all but given up trying. Steve very kindly puts some up for me but there are times when I dont like to bother him. There have been numerous occasions when ! On account of my lack of ability to upload piks that I have toned down some of my posts on the hdygon thread.
On another site I use its a matter of some three or four simple to follow clicks on my keyboard and its done in seconds.

soft plastic

Reaction score
Here's one.
347aa6b09e36f2b7b2b16198a75dc4b7.jpg

Using tapatalk, took 3 clicks, simples!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

cb

Admin
Reaction score
It may be because other F&F Forums use the vBulletin v4.1.0 rather than the obsolete v3.8.4 which we are still on!

Comments have been made in the past about the persistence with out-of-date Forum software - unfortunately the powers-that-be don't seem to care - we are only coarse fishermen - so don't seem to matter in the F&F world view! [ - or even in the Ed's ?!]

Actually flyfishing.co.uk our busiest site by far operates vbulletin 3.8.x - upgrading to vb4 and vb5 has been a terrible mistake for many users. It has taken vbulletin many years to get these working properly. vb 3 is by far the best of the vb suite. We shall not be upgrading to vb instead we are building new sites using Xenforo which ticks many of the forum boxes! But I can tell you now - people hate change! :)

Image handling is a different subject altogether - modern digital cameras/phones make huge images now and they need processing for web viewing never mind storing. You can store them in the fishingmagic gallery or on Photobucket or other image library. Just yesterday vbulletin released a security patch to combat attacks made through uploaded attachments direct into forums. So we don't allow it to protect us all.

Anyway, you are last forum to be "neglected" I can assure you!

blackout

Reaction score
so thats why I cant do it.... because its old! Ill tell the girlfriend

whats the tapatalk?