Spirit of the woods

seth49

Reaction score
Just looking at some photos on my iPad,took this about three years ago, made me look twice when I first saw it, this is exactly as I found it, l never changed anything.

B

binka

It looks like some sort of tree version of a witch doctor casting a spell and leaning back to summon the Gods of the forest with arm outstretched by way of an invitation.

I like it :)

flightliner

Reaction score
Definately echoes of the" green man " there. I'd be tempted to plant a light source focused towards it that comes on at night to illuminate it.

seth49

Reaction score
Yes I certainly did a double take when I saw it, I doubt if anyone else has seen it, it was when I was working for the council as a street cleaner, I was picking litter on a grass verge, beside a busy road, and I needed a pee,so I walked down a banking, to get out of sight of the road,when I reached the bottom of the slope that's when I saw it.

It's not visible from the road, and there's no footpath just grass, there's not really any reason for people to go there,

I wonder what people would have thought of it in the past,?

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
Yes I certainly did a double take when I saw it, I doubt if anyone else has seen it, it was when I was working for the council as a street cleaner, I was picking litter on a grass verge, beside a busy road, and I needed a pee,so I walked down a banking, to get out of sight of the road,when I reached the bottom of the slope that's when I saw it.

It's not visible from the road, and there's no footpath just grass, there's not really any reason for people to go there,

Especially in low light levels at dawn with a mist :eek:.........:D

flightliner

Reaction score

It's definately a one off , I can see the head as a scull with a head of hair made up of bracken, the outstreched arms could be interpreted any which way, but you were right to take a picture of it, amasing what forms can be made by nature!.