Yours truly with an Egyptian Owl

mikench

Reaction score

Taken in the desert in Ras Al Khaimah last February . The wife took it!

---------- Post added at 19:00 ---------- Previous post was at 18:47 ----------

A close encounter!!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I had some european eagle owls that would have made that Egyptian one look like a sparrow !

john step

Reaction score
I had some european eagle owls that would have made that Egyptian one look like a sparrow !

Yes they huge. When I was walking in the Spanish mountains I used to see Eagle owls. Awesome sight. No fear they used to fly over at low level to see who was trespassing in their terrain.
There were also golden and bonelli's eagles and of course the griffin vultures putting in regular appearances.

mikench

Reaction score

Ian having held a European eagle owl of about 2 kilos I can vouch for that. I love owls. I still keep quite a few of the most common British Owl , the Teet:rolleyes:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ian having held a European eagle owl of about 2 kilos I can vouch for that. I love owls. I still keep quite a few of the most common British Owl , the Teet:rolleyes:

Do you suck on 'em :eek: :eek:mg:

mikench

Reaction score
Spot on Rob!!!

The other bird I was holding was a Black Shaheen a non migratory sub species of Peregrine found in Arabia and the Indian sub continent. A beautiful bird and a magnificent flyer!