Using photobucket

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
What bearded,burrow dwelling techno hobbit decided it has to be so freakin complicated to load a damned picture on here ? Everywhere else it is dead simple but on here plotting a course to one of the moons of Jupiter seems simple by comparison.

And a mighty Yar Boo to those show offs who can do it. I can't and life is too short to try to work it out.

john step

Reaction score
What bearded,burrow dwelling techno hobbit decided it has to be so freakin complicated to load a damned picture on here ? Everywhere else it is dead simple but on here plotting a course to one of the moons of Jupiter seems simple by comparison.

And a mighty Yar Boo to those show offs who can do it. I can't and life is too short to try to work it out.

Easier than avoiding bream Eh!:wh:wh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

I was one of those but as of a few minutes ago my account with Photobucket is next to useless.

That have moved the goalposts big time, most probably put themselves out of business.

After years, I'd just got the hang of it, now to find a new supplier and go through all that again.:eek:mg:

john step

Reaction score
I was one of those but as of a few minutes ago my account with Photobucket is next to useless.

That have moved the goalposts big time, most probably put themselves out of business.

After years, I'd just got the hang of it, now to find a new supplier and go through all that again.:eek:mg:

Could you elaborate on the useless bit please? I keep getting requests from them to up grade etc. I wonder if its a sign they will be charging?

barbelboi

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with bucket at all. I use a good adblocker so I'm not subject to their ad's and the only thing I get from time to time (takes 1 second to click the 'x' to get rid of it) is an offer to upgrade to one of their bits you have to pay for - as happens with most freeware.

B

binka

I don't have a problem with bucket at all. I use a good adblocker so I'm not subject to their ad's and the only thing I get from time to time (takes 1 second to click the 'x' to get rid of it) is an offer to upgrade to one of their bits you have to pay for - as happens with most freeware.

Have you tried it recently Jerry?

Since yesterday all I get is this and it is the same as other users who have uploaded via bucket, instead of the image embedding in the post this appears...

I mentioned in another thread recently that I am suspicious that Photobucket subjectively weed out the heavier users of free accounts and throw obstacles in their way.

It would be handy if we could get an update on the FM image supporting upgrade as I'm about to clear down my bucket albums, the problem is that others such as Picture Trail just don't give you anywhere near enough capacity which means clearing out older images which leaves holes in forum posts.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Since yesterday all I get is this and it is the same as other users who have uploaded via bucket, instead of the image embedding in the post this appears...

I mentioned in another thread recently that I am suspicious that Photobucket subjectively weed out the heavier users of free accounts and throw obstacles in their way.

It would be handy if we could get an update on the FM image supporting upgrade as I'm about to clear down my bucket albums, the problem is that others such as Picture Trail just don't give you anywhere near enough capacity which means clearing out older images which leaves holes in forum posts.

Got confronted by this message this afternoon Steve. I liked PB, useful for a bit of photo editing and relatively straightforward. I use an IPad, many of the alternative host sites don't seem to work well, freezing up etc.

robtherake

Reaction score
A free account is now only free for up to 2GB of uploads. Once the limit's exceeded the account is suspended wrt 3rd party image hosting. There are gonna be a lot of gaps in a lot of posts, and who has the time to go back and replace them all?

barbelboi

Reaction score

There you go Steve.............

bwchub11jan17_zpslkxctv2o.jpg

---------- Post added at 20:03 ---------- Previous post was at 19:59 ----------

A free account is now only free for up to 2GB of uploads. Once the limit's exceeded the account is suspended wrt 3rd party image hosting. There are gonna be a lot of gaps in a lot of posts, and who has the time to go back and replace them all?

2gb isn't bad for free - it's a heck of a load of pics if you take the Jpeg count down to around 1mb on your (freeware) editing software................

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've just opened a new PB account under a different email, hopefully will keep me going until I find a suitable alternative.

B

binka

There you go Steve.............

bwchub11jan17_zpslkxctv2o.jpg

:D :D :D

I rest my case!

I've just gone through and bulk deleted over half of mine, in fairness there was a lot of old stuff but I'm still getting the same image as above so it looks like I'm done with Photobucket.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Are you seeing other peoples pics OK from bucket Steve or do you get that same 3rd part hosting thingy at all times?

B

binka

Are you seeing other peoples pics OK from bucket Steve or do you get that same 3rd part hosting thingy at all times?

I'm getting the 3rd party hosting thingy Jerry, fine though with a pic I've uploaded via Picture Trail

barbelboi

Reaction score
I'm getting the 3rd party hosting thingy Jerry, fine though with a pic I've uploaded via Picture Trail

This is odd Steve, I can see the pic I just downloaded from bucket perfectly here on Chrome but when I looked on Firefox I got your 3rd party thingy. How do others see the pic above?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I see no picture in your last post BB.

B

binka

S63 is obviously seeing the 3rd party hosting thingy and Swizzle also mentioned something earlier today that he was getting the same problem so that's three of us so far.

barbelboi

Reaction score
This is most odd - I see the pic I just downloaded from bucket as it should be on chrome, Yahoo and DuckDuckgo - it's just Firefox that gives my the 3rd party bit............

What do others see..?