Using photobucket

B

binka

Jerry...

It's really random.

When I go back through the HDYGO thread both my and your images are showing the 3rd party hosting thing but other people, who I know are using photobucket too because it displays in the image properties, are showing the intended image fine :confused:

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:49 ----------

To confuse things further s63 opened a new bucket account with a new email address (I think) and the tench he posted via bucket in the HDYGO thread earlier is showing fine :confused:

I tried doing the same but bucket wouldn't let me, even with a different email address and 'in private' browsing.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Most odd, all my pics are showing fine unless I use Firefox. I've even tried Bing which I avoid like the plague..........

---------- Post added at 21:08 ---------- Previous post was at 20:55 ----------

I've just looked back through the 'How did' thread and my pics seem to be somewhat intermittent - some OK and some with the dial. Is it possible that a fault lies with FM as my pics display OK on another site.............

Oops no they don't - they've just conked out there too..............

Last edited:
B

binka

Is it possible that a fault lies with FM as my pics display OK on another site.............

I think that's where my money would be, especially given that they've been tweaking stuff recently and there's also something in the offing to do with image loading.

Although...

Why would it be a photobucket notice that is showing instead of the intended image?

---------- Post added at 21:15 ---------- Previous post was at 21:13 ----------

Oops no they don't - they've just conked out there too..............

Back to square one! :D

B

binka

$399 a year to host your images?

They're having a giraffe, it looks like bucket is as good as dead and buried.

C'mon FM techies you really need to get this easy image uploading sorted pronto now, I can see it affecting the quality of some of the threads if you don't.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This problem is all over various forums, nothing been said, I assume this isn't a cyber attack?

B

binka

Looks like Tinypic is worth a try..............

o876kg.png

john step

Reaction score
rdEDM5r.jpg

WOW. This is not a current photo, just an old one. As I am barred from the water this week I have been frigging around trying different things and have found how to post photos using a site called Imgur. As you can see I had a eureka moment. No joining no subs.

Last edited:

seth49

Reaction score
Well I won't be going on Photobucket again, I had a message pop up, which said my iPad had been infected with a virus, so I cleared all open tabs and restarted my tablet, that seemed to clear it and haven't seen it since.
Keeping well away from now on.

Keith M

Reaction score
Well I won't be going on Photobucket again, I had a message pop up, which said my iPad had been infected with a virus, so I cleared all open tabs and restarted my tablet, that seemed to clear it and haven't seen it since.
Keeping well away from now on.

Same here, I had the same when I went to photobucket late last night, together with a message from some cowboy about buying their software to remove the virus, but I shut down my iPad immediately and it seems fine now. I certainly won't be going onto photobucket with my IPad anymore that's for sure.

R.I.P. Photobucket you've shot yourself in the foot.

Even if I was thinking about paying them (which I am not) they certainly won't get any more recommendations from me or anyone else I know that's for certain.

Keith

Last edited:

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I've been using postimg and find it quite easy to use. Simply upload a pic from your photos, copy the link which says 'hotlink for forums' and paste it in your reply on here...job done.

geoffw

Reaction score
Did you know that using Photobucket for third party hosting will now cost you £400 per year.
All photos already shared are deleted.

I've been using postimg and find it quite easy to use. Simply upload a pic from your photos, copy the link which says 'hotlink for forums' and paste it in your reply on here...job done.

mikench

Reaction score

Just testing my photobucket account! It has allowed me to upload this photo but I did not expect it to!!