Using photobucket

john step

Reaction score
This is aimed at those who post pictures using the above system.

I follow Binkas method to the letter and it has worked fine up to about a week or two ago.

However when I got to the bit about "hover over the 4th box down" nothing.
The little hand would not appear.
I have had some really frustrated moments trying to get it to work.

However after a bit of experimenting I found they must have changed the system.
Instead of hovering I left clicked and moved it, getting that that blue effect when yo move something.

By right clicking it and then left click copy I found it saves it to the FM reply box just as before.

1. Has anyone else found this.
2. I hope this is of use to someone.

B

binka

This is aimed at those who post pictures using the above system.

I follow Binkas method to the letter and it has worked fine up to about a week or two ago.

However when I got to the bit about "hover over the 4th box down" nothing.
The little hand would not appear.
I have had some really frustrated moments trying to get it to work.

However after a bit of experimenting I found they must have changed the system.
Instead of hovering I left clicked and moved it, getting that that blue effect when yo move something.

By right clicking it and then left click copy I found it saves it to the FM reply box just as before.

1. Has anyone else found this.
2. I hope this is of use to someone.

Photobucket has been on the blink for me for a while now John, but I persevere with it purely because of the size of the free storage capacity.

I've used some of the alternative image hosting sites but have maxed out my capacity within a couple of weeks and end up having to delete images which leaves holes in forum posts where they once were.

I had similar problems copying the URL and it wouldn't copy with a single click and so I reverted to the manual way of highlighting the URL and copying it in the former way and it's fine.

Last night it defeated AdBlocker and the amount of ads and pop ups crashed my browser, it was like a revenge attack for using it and they were trying to load the last six months worth!

I don't think it's unintended change, I reckon they do it deliberately to those who use AdBlockers and freeload without bringing in any ad revenue.

The suits are watching us... :D

john step

Reaction score
I don't think it's unintended change, I reckon they do it deliberately to those who use AdBlockers and freeload without bringing in any ad revenue.

The suits are watching us... :D

That thought did occur to me. They keep bombarding me with the request to update.........obviously at a price:wh

barbelboi

Reaction score
I use 'bucket, I also use the chrome extensions 'adblock genesis plus' and 'hide my adblocker'. As I type this 6 ads are being blocked on this site and 24 on 'bucket. Apart from the odd moment I don't have any problems and keep it simple by uploading from my PC/laptop, highlighting the pic/s I wish to transfer to FM - right clicking on the pic to open the menu, left clicking on 'copy image address' and then pasting in the FM 'insert image' box - simples...............:)

PS Now 7 blocked on FM and 26 on bucket.........

Last edited:
B

binka

?????????????????????????????????????????? !!.

I think it just means you've won another £250 worth of M&S vouchers Mick :D

You weren't on one of those dodgy websites were you and misread BDSM vouchers? :eek: :D

john step

Reaction score
?????????????????????????????????????????? !!.

I know. I know. Its taken me about 6 yrs from buying this laptop to be able to get photos on this site.
My grandchildren seem to have been born with a mouse in their hands:rolleyes:

flightliner

Reaction score
Lol, I know John, I,ve downloaded photobucket and postimage over the years, tried really hard with both, followed everyones advice but all my efforts have produced very little return.
I did manage a couple of barbel piks last year but more of the same methodology and effort gives me nothing but frustration so I,ve just given up trying, it's all gobbledygook to me reading about url's and the like and members then saying that this or that image posting site is acting up tells me that I would get nowhere with what little computer expertise I possess.
I can make any item of furniture you care to mention, build a house, whatever,but cant do simple enough (to many) tasks on a computer --- where are the five year old whizz kids when you need one !!!.
ps, went thro your village yesterday John-- not seen so many motorcycle 's for a long time, hundreds in a big laybye on the outskirts.

Last edited:

thecrow

Reaction score
I have given up on photobucket, tried it time after time, tried removing my adblocker and still no good I shall just stick to post image from now on.

john step

Reaction score
ps, went thro your village yesterday John-- not seen so many motorcycle 's for a long time, hundreds in a big laybye on the outskirts.

Its a regular thing. They all meet up by the cafe. You can tell when summer has arrived by the sound of the Hondas and Harleys:D

robtherake

Reaction score
I have given up on photobucket, tried it time after time, tried removing my adblocker and still no good I shall just stick to post image from now on.

I tried all ways using Chrome - changed ad blockers, disabled then removed them and nothing worked. Out of desperation I tried Firefox, carrying the same ad blocker as Chrome, and it works just fine on there. Just as a check, I copied the URL from Firefox and pasted it into a post on the Chrome browser and it loaded up perfectly. It beats hen racing, don't it?:confused:

john step

Reaction score
I tried all ways using Chrome - changed ad blockers, disabled then removed them and nothing worked. Out of desperation I tried Firefox, carrying the same ad blocker as Chrome, and it works just fine on there. Just as a check, I copied the URL from Firefox and pasted it into a post on the Chrome browser and it loaded up perfectly. It beats hen racing, don't it?:confused:

Crickey. I hope Fight doesn't read this. It will give him a headache:eek:mg:

Keith M

Reaction score
I may be in the minority but I can't remember having any problems with photobucket other than having to close the annoying advert that always comes up after the first few seconds; which I can simply close by clicking on the X on the top right corner of it.

I can then carry on as normal and simply copy the 'img' code from my chosen pic into my post using copy and paste and it always seems to work fine for me. Plus I don't seem to use up much of my allotted space like people have said they experience on other photo storers.

I'm not saying it's the best one but so far I haven't had all of the problems that others seem to get using photobucket whether I'm using safari, chrome or Internet Explorer (famous last words :))

Keith

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
I find it hit and miss. Here goes with my favourite photo! Guess where I took it!

---------- Post added at 20:50 ---------- Previous post was at 20:41 ----------

My local lake!

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
No, I've definitely decided I will have to leave this mortal coil without ever posting a pic on FM. I'm in the same boat as Flightliner - design what you like, but understand this stuff..........................Mmmm

(I tried the 4 Paracetamol and just not strong enough, but anything stronger will have me up in Court!)

10/10 for effort though, John!!

Last edited: