DSLR

Tommo!

Reaction score
Thanks Cakey.

I'm off fishing tomorrow, so I'll either get lots of self takes and a few scenic shots or lots of scenic shots.

I have also downloaded Photoscape (free) and it does all I need and alittle more (for now).

Hopefully the gallery will still be up and running when I get some good shots.

Again thanks for all the advice.

brummie

Reaction score
Welcome to the club.

You will soon want some more lenses so when you do take a very hard look at Sigma! They are as good as the nikon and a good bit cheaper. I,ve got a D80 and wouldn,t buy nikon lenses at thier prices.

Probably the first thing you will want to get is a batterie grip. It makes the camera easier to hold and you fit a second battery in it so you get a much longer life between charges.You can take one battery out to charge and still have the handling advantages.

all the best . Ian /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Damian Kimmins

Reaction score
As a canon user for the past few years, I can only offer advice on them;

I have owned a 300D and a 350D and have found them both great to use. They are so easy to start using straight from the box, instantly getting good results. I think the kit lenses that were sold with them were very poor quality and have since started using sigma lenses and will in future consider body only cameras. The boxed software is also good.

Having seen the difference some good lenses can make, I would say that despite offering that canon make great cameras, the glass you are to use is almost of greater importance than the camera.

Regards,

Damian Kimmins