Go pro action cameras...

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm considering getting one of the go pro action cameras (the black 7 is looking favourite at the moment). It would mainly be for when I start to do a bit of cycling again after being hit with three cars in the last two years!
Although I may consider using it on the odd fishing trip, not to publicize, but just for my own viewing.
Anyhow, if anyone has experience of them and which they would recommend or which to steer clear of i'm all ears :).

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Three times!!! You sure you want to carry on cycling?

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Three times!!! You sure you want to carry on cycling?

Yup, three times in 2yrs, and once about 12yrs previous!
My mrs insists I start to ride off road if I ride again. I enjoyed riding a plus size mtb on roads and doing as many and as steep hills as I could as it was great for your fitness but it's just too dangerous!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Don't worry, the cars came off second best, but they're OK now.

Funny enough on the first occassion your right Chris, the car was written off and had to be taked away on a wagon, still sporting bits of my body along it :eek:mg:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You have never seen a RR as badly damaged.:rolleyes: I think my daughter has on so I will ask her what model. If price is not an issue go go pro. If it is or you want extra features this might help.

5 Best Cameras Like GoPro: Cheaper Alternatives (Solid Features, Reviews...) | Click Like This

Thanks Mike, after looking at other optons i've wittled it down to a go pro. The series 7 looks the better opion as you can replace the lense if it gets scratched etc. The latest series 8 lense can't be replaced other than buying a complete new camera!

sylvanillo

Reaction score
For my birthday 5 or 6 years ago my dear wife who loves me so much gave me a Go Pro. That's for fishing not cycling. It's a hero 2. Along with it I added a waterproof box and a detachable screen. I've never managed to do anything with it, because...
1) videos eating an sd card in no time
2) supposedly it is designed to record a human vision; I cannot see the point since my Sony HX, and many other cameras now, take a superb shoot with their large angle lenses. Why would I want to see a horribly distorted picture????

So, I home-made a suction stick with a security floating string so she can fit it on her rowing boats. The only thing she doesn't like is the buttons, as they're not that intuitive to turn it on and start recording.

bullet

Reaction score
I've had one for a few years, takes great video.
However, battery life is very poor, and i just can't get to grips with the editing, so it is languishing on my book shelf!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for that, my mrs got me the hero black 7, waiting for her to make it work for me lol.