Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Transferring images from slides

This has probably been asked before, but as I'm too lazy to do a search (any anyway technology keeps changing!)

I have 6 or so cassette things full of slides that I'd like to transfer to my pc.

I'd like a good quality transfer, what are the options do you either do it yourself or send them off to a company?

Cheers
    Last edited by Steve King; 16-10-2009 at 21:25.
    (token Worcestershire member of PaSC )

Dedicated Off Road Driver.

Blog Entries

The Ion had a half decent review in Digit Photo a while back, for the price not bad.

HOWEVER - I just read this! Now you have me thinking as I have quite a few slides to scan.

Best deal from best and most reputable company (ABC used to advertise on Thinkcamera)
    "I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!" - Theodore Roosevelt

I'm supprised you don't already have a scanner Jeff!!
    I did have a HP with both negative and slide scanning facility, though only did one at once and was very slow. Had to upgrade after upgrading the PC to Vista.
    I now have an Epson Perfection 4990 Photo. Great for negative and slide scanning. No additional plugin device either.

Blog Entries

Nice film scanner (MUCH better than a flatbed) now available at Maplins. Just look non the website for the stock situation before going to the shop
    ------------------------------------------------
    The Angling Trust - if you don't join, nothing will change
    MY POLITICAL BLOG

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTheSpark View Post
    Nice film scanner (MUCH better than a flatbed) now available at Maplins. Just look non the website for the stock situation before going to the shop
    Thanks Mark. Just checked out Maplins website and it looks the biz and has good customer reviews.
    (token Worcestershire member of PaSC )

Dedicated Off Road Driver.

Blog Entries

Just a swift post to let you know good ol' Aldi is doing a 5Mp film scanner on 29th for £39.99. I've had a couple of Aldi electronic devices and they've been fine. Their computers win awards each year.
    ------------------------------------------------
    The Angling Trust - if you don't join, nothing will change
    MY POLITICAL BLOG