F1, thinking of getting one, anyone use primes for night shooting

captain carrott

Reaction score
Ah, yes, marital bliss, I'd quite forgotten what that was all about . . . . . oh, now I remember; compromise, so, put a fiver in the gas and have just one large JD?

Thats what me and the monk might have done, but then we can total 7 marriages between us . . . LOL

[insert smiley thing > > > > > HERE]

ey steady on, am daft but not that daft am livng with her not getting married

Last edited:

The Monk

Reaction score
nah skint is like me don't know whee the next meal is coming from and wondering whether to use this tenner to put in the gas meeter of get some milk so i can have a brew.

oh an i would appreciate it if you would do me a really massive favour mr monk.

now me other half is thinking about getting herself an DSLR bt neither her nor me knows ****** all about using em. would you by any chance give her a little instruction in how to use the thing when she gets it pleeeeeeese.

yeah no problem Jace, tell her to slip into something comfortable and send her round mate

---------- Post added at 15:59 ---------- Previous post was at 15:53 ----------

ey steady on, am daft but not that daft am livng with her not getting married

yeah good idea mate, my present girlfriend works to a shift system, she comes down sunday afternoon/evening after I get back from a weekend away with the lads and does the washing, cooking, cleaning, you know womens stuff, I keep her down here till the next weekend starts and then pack her off back to her mothers, shes very economic and cheap to run and with only I previous owner, although the body work needs a bit of work, shes ideal at the moment.

---------- Post added at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was at 15:59 ----------

Anyway getting back to my AF-S 35mm F1.8 DX prime, I`ve ordered one from my local shop for 168 quid, those theives at Jessops wanted 199 quid

dezza

Reaction score
I could have got you one of those for 50 quid mate.

Eventually The Monk will possess the latest Hasselblad at just £56,000 without lens. With this camera you have a choice of 10 lenses starting with the 80mm Zeiss Planar G at £15,000. The 450 to 1000 mm Zeiss Optikar f 0,95 is a "must have" at £289,000

The camera has 110 megapixels and weighs in at 18 kg, With the standard lens the camera will exceed 23 kg, but think of the effect on women. Imagine carrying that strung around your neck and under your habit.

The Monk will have the world's biggest and most expensive phallic symbol.

:wh

The Monk

Reaction score
I had an old Hasselblad many years ago, it really was too much hassel trying to use it, from memory it was a 503C, when I sold it I actually made a profit

Reaction score
Nick

What's your take on fast food outlets these days? We haven't had any advice from you on them for a while, so some of us could be in serious danger of eating at the wrong places.