Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default F1, thinking of getting one, anyone use primes for night shooting

F1, thinking of getting one, anyone use primes for night shooting?

http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Ni...%252F1.8G.html
    Last edited by The Monk; 11-11-2009 at 20:19. Reason: incontinent er I mean incompetant
    Ageing rock guitar hero

ere mr monk ave you any experience of sigma 170-500mm lenses and if so what do you think of em.

yes I use one mate, had it a few years now, I find it quite good in the right conditions, it should have a tripod mount on the lens itself, but you can only really use it with a tripod and its about 2K cheaper than a Nikkor.

This is it,

http://www.sigmaphoto.com/lenses/len...76&navigator=3

I use it for birdwtching, the only problem is when they close the curtains, if you pull it out to the full zoom it really looks impressive and improves your street cred no end
    Last edited by The Monk; 12-11-2009 at 07:49.
    Ageing rock guitar hero

Quote Originally Posted by The Monk View Post
    yes I use one mate, had it a few years now, I find it quite good in the right conditions, it should have a tripod mount on the lens itself, but you can only really use it with a tripod and its about 2K cheaper than a Nikkor.

This is it,

Sigma - Lenses

I use it for birdwtching, the only problem is when they close the curtains, if you pull it out to the full zoom it really looks impressive and improves your street cred no end

i've found one with a canon 400D pus battery grip for 500 notes you see and me other half is considring investing because neither of our bridge cameras can hack the job we're trying to use it for. in fact i now have an impressive collection of out of focus or just too far away to see clearly snaps of bullfinches take with my s7000.

so it looks like i'll be upgrading once i've found some one who's organs i can harvest in order to be able to afford one.

Hey Captain,

Have you thought about digiscoping with your s7000? A decent scope will set you back a lot less than a prime lens. Ideally one with a 20x mag eyepiece, but mine has a 32x mag. Fixed as opposed to zoom eyepieces are preferable. There are plenty of adaptors out there for attaching the camera to the telescope, and you end up with a staggering effective focal length. Have a look at Eagleeyeuk.com for adaptors, and Birdforum.com where they have a section devoted to sale of second hand equipment (including scopes) and another with information about camera set up for digiscoping. You have to join Birdforum, to access the information, but it is free.

Regards

Colin

I have a KOWA TS-4 scope Colin, one of the best I`ve put my cameras through it but they are not as good as camera lenses proper, the optics inside a scope are designed differently
    Ageing rock guitar hero

Well, you've seen a photo of my set up, on the old forum, and, in fact, you commented on it. I have to confess though, you are right about fine quality from a proper lens. Have you seen Sigma's latest zoom, 200 - 500mm f2.8. Only trouble is that it costs £19,000 all but a few pence.

HOW F***ING MUCH

Quote Originally Posted by Stealph Viper View Post
    HOW F***ING MUCH
    Just a tad short of £19,000 (NINETEEN THOUSAND POUNDS STERLING) according to Warehouse Express

That's even more Ludicrous that the Dunk Mug that Cakey wants to buy for £14,99p, for a mug that holds your biscuits FFS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast