Wow! Amazing video.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
John Locker is without doubt my favourite Youtuber, his knowledge of the sea and what lies beneath is impressive and he has a way of narrating and filming his experiences which are easy on both the eye and ear, little wonder he has over 150k subscribers.

In all walks of life we need a little luck and I firmly believe the more skilled and talented you are the luckier you often get,nothing could be truer than John’s latest video, just watch the first four minutes, it would be easy to believe this was another David Attenborough production but it’s just a man with his wife and son on a boat off the Cornish coast out for a days fishing, the luck?........ being in the right place at the right time and John has only recently got a drone to give his videos another dimension, it’s paid for itself many times over with this one sequence.

mikench

Reaction score
Enjoyed that John.i also watched the shark fishing one. Strange all his ads are for Americans and US products.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Enjoyed that John.i also watched the shark fishing one. Strange all his ads are for Americans and US products.

I’ve never noticed that Mike! Maybe they pay better or he gets more views over there?

John is known for holding the shore caught sea bass record but in recent times he has really set the local fishing alight catching two huge blue fin tunas, alone on his small boat and all captured on film too, that’s worth a watch.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He's a brave man particularly when handling a 90lb blue shark.

Ex Navy! Infact in a recent video he was into a fish as a navy frigate sailed by giving him a huge cheer!

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I think it was him that joined here about a year ago, posted some good videos of him shore fishing mainly and a some good tips. Then he went coarse fishing and showed a picture of a roach he caught being suspended by the line and hook. He got badly criticized for that by a few on here, understandable but it went a bit further and developed into a row. He stopped posting after that. It was a shame as he contributed some very good posts in the sea fishing section and I think he was just ignorant on how to how handle coarse fish. It is common for sea anglers not to understand coarse angling but he should have known better however, some were not prepared to forgive and he left in the end.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I’ve spoken to John since Mark. He got miffed that someone suggested he would be thrown into a lake for his actions. If you watch his videos it soon becomes apparent John is all about conservation and fish welfare and I’d guess there are none of us on here who would know how to handle the fish at sea with the experience John has.

Yes it’s a shame he left but we still get to watch his videos.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I’ve spoken to John since Mark. He got miffed that someone suggested he would be thrown into a lake for his actions. If you watch his videos it soon becomes apparent John is all about conservation and fish welfare and I’d guess there are none of us on here who would know how to handle the fish at sea with the experience John has.

Yes it’s a shame he left but we still get to watch his videos.
I couldn't remember exactly what went on but it went too far, I remember that. It is a shame, he was a good angler as you say and one mistake-haven't we all done that! I am not a great video watcher but I enjoyed his and this one is extra special as you say foor the dolphins and whale.
While your here, not much coming up off the pier the last few days but it seems to have good days or just really bad days, the sea has turned rougher now so I might start my September big roach campaign soon:) Actually it is good conditions for them, low pressure, rain and a bit of colour now. Off to an auction today though after a fishing creel so maybe that 2lb roach will have to wait a bit, how did you get on at Samphire?

Last edited:

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Samphire was a disappointment, not a single Wrasse! Had just six mackerel all put back. Others didn’t do well either apart from one chap who hooked into a large bass only to lose it.

Highlight was watching a Spitfire flying across.

mikench

Reaction score
If I had been crucified for my mistakes ( several)I wouldn't be here either. We have to respect the customs of others even if they are not our own. Let's face it you wouldn't use a landing net for a 90lb shark or a nice little 18 hook.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yep, me included Mike. I’ve just sat and watched one of his shark fishing videos (again)! How a guy alone on a small boat can fish two rods, play a shark whilst putting his life jacket back on and filming it all at the same time is impressive to say the least. Today I’ve learnt not to handle sharks over 40lb and when returning pollock, thrust them back in head down first. I’m sure this info will come in useful one day.?. However, the advice on mackerel fishing is good to know.

I do envy the fact John seems to have so many calm flat water days and within a few hours sees tuna, dolphins and whales on his day out.

Heres the video which I’m unashamedly pleased to plug.