Bake Lakes

Nigel Punter

Reaction score
Date: 20th August 2008

Time fished: 09.00 - 16.00 (Dunes Lake)
Weather conditions, Dry, bright sunshine.
Water conditions: Murky.
Water Temperature: Not taken
Bait: Pellets, Maggots and Sweetcorn
Results: 25 Tench to 3.5lb numerous Roach and Skimmers
Brief description of the session and any remarks: A days pleasure fishing (and what pleasure!!) non stop action all day initially roach and skimmers on maggot but in order to get better quality fish switched to pellet fishing just on the bottom. Best days Tench fishing ever at a super fishery!

Nigel Punter

Reaction score
Section of Fishery or river stretch:Bake Lakes Complex Trerulefoot Cornwall (Dunes lake)

Date:18/05/2008
Time fished:8.00 to 16.00
Weather conditions:AM overcast and windy PM; calm and sunny
Water conditions:coloured
Air temperature:18 degrees
Water Temperature:not taken
Bait:Maggots and Sweetcorn
Method:Insert Waggler fished about 20ft from bank near a smallset of lily pads dead depth
Results:50+ Tench to 4lb - 20+ Roach to 1.5LB - 15 Rudd/Golden Rudd to 1lb 6 bream to 1lb

Brief description of the session & remarks: OMG this place is incredible, only one on the lake for most of the day and totally bagged up never had a haul as big as this before and my arms and shoulders are killing me this morning. The Tench here really scrap well, the first one I caught felt like a six pounder during the fight but only went about 2lb and the Roach and Rudd were fin perfect another great day at a brilliant fishery.

Gary Dolman

Reaction score
Section of Fishery or river stretch, Silverfish Lake
Date:18th June 2008
Time fished:4:30pm to 8:30 pm
Weather conditions, Strong gusting South westerly, squally heavy rain
Water conditions: Clear
Air temperature: Cool
Water Temperature: Not taken, ever
Bait: Worm & Meat
Method: Float Fishing
Results: Loads of Tench between 1 & 3lbs, Rudd, Roach Skimmers & a real bream Plus 3 eels
Brief description of the session & remarks:

Weather was like October, no-one else on the fishery. Fed 2 lines with hemp caster & pellets, fished with either worm or meat. Rudd & roach were prolific, but some lovely fish up to 12 ozs, they loved worm & meat even an 18mm punched piece was not ignored. Tench came in bursts of 3 or 4 fish, with the two largest at the end. Packed up early as the heavens opened up, and it was so dark I could not tie on a new hook, after catching 3 eels, a first for me. Really great fishing, no carp although Tony is looking to buy some crucians. There are some bigger Tench in here but I shall have to work out a method that is roach and rudd proof.

Gary Dolman

Reaction score
Section of Fishery or river stretch/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gifilverfish Lakes
Date:07 July 2008
Time fished:5:30-9:00 pm
Weather conditions:Wet & Windy
Water conditions: Slightly coloured

Air temperature:15 C
Water Temperature:Not Known
Bait: Hemp & pellets
Method:Waggler
Results: 50lb+
Brief description of the session & remarks:

All sessions that I fish here are no more than 4 hrs, and weather conditions will be wet & windy, that way pool is usually empty.

First session fed Hemp & Caster & some chopped worm, fished worm

Second session fed Hemp, corn & pellet, fished mainly meat & caught 75lb+ mainly tench, with largest just shy of 4lbs, again in bursts of 4 or 5 fish, interspersed with lovely roach, again on meat, worms hammered by rudd.

This session fed as above, but rudd & roach were ravenous & could only get through them with 8mm banded hard pellet, even an 18mm punched piece of meat was siezed on immediately it hit the water. 26 Tench caught all in the 1.5 - 2lb range, no bigger fish plus a few bream & skimmers & hordes of beautiful golden rudd