River Ribble

J

john conway (CSG - ACA)

Section of Fishery or river stretch:...Above Preston
Date:...13/03/09
Time fished:...18:00hrs to 23:30hrs
Weather conditions:...Overcast with light breeze becoming quite windyafter dusk.
Water conditions:...Rivercall at 03:15hrs @ NJR 0.31M ANSL and falling, dropped about 200mm though session.
Air temperature:...11.5Cdropping to9C by the end of the session.
Water Temperature:...7.7C
Bait:...Bread flake, crust/cheese paste andHalibut pellets
Method:..2 rods, upstream rod bread flake or crust/cheese pastewith liquidised bread, hempand micro pelletsin the feeder, downstream rod Halibut pellet and loose fed halibut pellets.
Results:...Just one chub at 3lb-8oz
Brief description of the session & remarks:...The river looked good and there were plenty of anglers out on this the penultimate day before the end of the close season. The session turned out to be a bit ofa damp squib and the chub was another long limp empty fish. I did stand on the hill for a while on my way back to my vanand lookedacross the Ribble valley and thought shit!!! the next time I stand here I'll be 65. See you all in the summer.

Wiktor z Polski/Dr. Wodka

Reaction score
Section of Fishery or river stretch:...Above Preston
Date:...13-14/03/09
Time fished:...18:00hrs to 12:00hrs next day
Weather conditions:...Overcast withsome rain at night,next day very windy and mostly overcast
Water conditions:..clear ,quite low and dropping even more,
Air temperature:...about 10C dropping at night
Water Temperature:...7.8C
Bait:... Halibut pellets,fish boillies,maggots
Method:..2 rods, upstream Halibut pellet and loose fed mickro pellets,2nd rod maggots or boilie.
Results:...Just one barbel at about 4lb
Brief description of the session & remarks:Water condition looks good and I had a high hopes for the last session of the year spacially after having 3 doubles in one week,fish came just after midnight to white fish boilie.There was apart from me 3 other friends,one blank,one had 6lb barbel +2lb chub and one had 3lb barbel on maggots.

Yes John see you in a summer/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif