Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to fish?

martin dennis Guest

I've recently moved to London (east) and was hoping that anybody could point me in the right direction for decent Pike venues in the surrounding area. I have yet to join any clubs so dayticket venues only please! If there are such things down here!

Chris Bishop Guest

How far do you want to travel..?

Rob Brownfield Guest

Martin, I used to fish the Hollow Ponds at Whipps Cross and the Eagle Pond at Snaresbrrok for Pike. Both hold fish up to 20 pound or so. Wanstead Park lake, both the main and the Ornamental waters contain Pike too. The ornamental water also holds massive Perch, but dont tell anyone!!!

If you dont mind a 20 minute travel, Hooks Marsh and the River Lea near Waltham Abbey contain some monsters too. Also, venture into Essex and u will find fish to 40 pound..well..its dead now, but the water can throw up monsters, at The Warren in Stanford-le-hope.

Hope this helps a little

Martin Dennis Guest

Thanks Rob, much appriciated! I don't mind travelling out to Essex so I'll have to do a bit of investigating! Thanks again!. To answer Chris's question, I'd say a 20 mile Radius from East Ham, and a bit further going out toward Essex.

Rob Brownfield Guest

Martin. I forgot to mention the water at Lakeside. This is the one Eddie Turner refers to as "The Chalk Pit" in his book. He had many big 30's off of it. It was being run by Mike Toomer, but i am not sure now.

A little tip, don't dimiss the docks!! There are big pike in there, along with large Carp. The canals, both Regents and Lea navigation hold Pike too.

Carp Angler Guest

Fishersgreen.(lake, river and relief channel)
    North Met pits.
    Walthamstow Ressies.
    (and the Coppermill stream sshhhhhh!)

Carp Angler Guest

Sorry, just read the bit that said day tickets only...
    In which case ignore the first 2 until you decide to join somewhere.

Rob Brownfield Guest

Ahhhh..Coppermill stream...mmmmmmmm...

There is also a water in Barking...Marymead I think. That produces a few Pike

Carp Angler Guest

Coppermill chucks up some suprises hey Rob ;o)

Rob Brownfield Guest

Carp Angler...oh yes ) Very much so...many a big stripy for me, amoungst other things...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast