Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Go Down To The Lake.

D

Davy North

I can remember all kinds of rubbish about a "killer pike" in Ropner park lake in Stockton, loads of people turned up to try and catch it, and failed. No doubt because it did not exist. It makes you wonder what type of angler would turn up for a bounty hunt like that, certainly not proper pike anglers.

As for Albert Park in Middlesbrough, I only live round the corner, and witnessed much of the fish removal, and talked to the EA lads doing the netting, and there were no pike taken out, even though a few years ago illegally stocked pike were blamed for the dropping of of sport (typical).

Mind you I was glad there weren't any pike in there. cos it would have meant I could fished for them within walking distance.

I'll stick to the Tees and Swale (if the foot & mouth ever clears up)

D

Dave Kennedy

people seem to forget that the biggest culprits for decimating ducks etc on our waters are the MINK that have been released by the fluffy bunny brigade.

2 Morehen chicks have been taken on our water by mink:(

G

Gary Knowles

The water skier at Llangorse was probably cut by a 'pike angler' not a 'pike'. Those dipsticks blasted through my swim on more than one occasion when I used to fish there.

I do remember that article though and after it was printed we used to go in the pub in Llangorse village at night and frighten the skiers (usually students) with tales of monster pike which frequently attacked skiers. Childish and irresponsible i know - but good fun all the same !