Rotherham/Sheffield

PIKEMAN

Reaction score
Hi all , Richard clark is setting up a new regional association in the Rotherham/Sheffield area, if you`r interested in joining ,you can contact him on the following e-mail:-richard@sypg.net.co.uk
Or if you are a PAC member you can look at the RA`s page in Pikelines.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

I will be in touch.

Heck, Rothers has got on the map!!!

T

The Monk

God, don`t say that Chris,
next they`ll be installing electrickery

PIKEMAN

Reaction score
Hi lads , cheers for you support, might be a bit slow to start off with , but i`m sure it will be worth it in the end, Chris, your an RO, maybe you could give Richard some advice, i know he will have got the info pack coz i applied to be an RO a long time ago , but some first hand advice from a seasoned RO might just help.

T

The Monk

Yes don`t do it mate

hahaha

seriously, I wrote an article about this a few years ago in the SA mag, I`ll see if I can dig it out and post it!

C

Chris Bishop

I'm not a seasoned RO by any means.

They asked me and Steve Rodwell to be caretakers just to keep it going after the other guys who did it got snowed under with work.

Each area has a Liaison officer responsible for this sort of thing.

I think yours is Peter Green, who's up the road from you in Wakefield. He's also membership secretary of the PAC so could probably do you a print out of people you could write to and invite to the first meeting.

Another good contact in you part of the is Mark Ackerley, who jointly edits Pikelines.

He did us a very good talk/slideshow on his Irish experiences and one or two other things last year and is well-known enough in your part of the world to bring a few people along to see him.

PIKEMAN

Reaction score
Hi Chris , it doesn`t matter if your standing in for the other guys,what does matter is ,that your on here and there may be loads of other PAC lads and lasses that live in this area (Rotherham/Sheffield) on here too, and you have a lot of shout on here, also, this is the only site i know of that i can advertise this area , and it`s a great starting point, come on Chris , i`m only asking you to e-mail Richard to see if he needs any help.I`m gonna contact Peter Green , but as i said this is a great starting point. Am i grovelling enough, lol.

C

Chris Bishop

I don't want to sound like I'm fobbing you off but your best bet is contact Peter or Mark - both have e-mail addresses/numbers in Pikelines and I'm sure both would gladly help as this is one of the committee's many roles.

Your best form of advertiing is posters in tackle shops - PAC will send you some blanks you can fill in details of date/time/venue etc- and writing to people who are already members, again Peter would probably sort you a print-out.

Befriending your local paper's angling correspondant and the Angling Star, which is published in Sheffield (Ron Clay sometimes writes for it...) would also provide some free publicity.

PAC also do a fact-sheet penned by Barrie Rickards on how to organise a meeting and the sort of things you need to think about, and a list of people prepared to act as speakers.

You have several other accomplished anglers/speakers in your area like Bill Winship and I know Dennis Moules from down here did a talk at a Yorks meeting somewhere last season as he was telling me about somewhere he fished up there.

All of these things will be of far more use to you than I can be.

J

jason fisher

hows about getting ron to do a talk, that would get em thinking.

J

jason fisher

i wasn't being sarcastic i meant it.he might be a crotchety south africa obsessed old goat but he knows what he's talking about form what i've heard anyway.