Each one would be a BRFC record!!!

D

David Marrs

According to the BRFC record listings, each of the Preds below would be a new record;

Chub 9lb
Eel 12lb
Perch 6lb
Pike 47lb
Zander 20lb

But which one would you choose and why???

I'd like to have the 20lb Zed myself because I think they're ace and I reckon it'd be more of an 'original' fish. Secondly I'd go for the Chub I reckon coz it'd be massive!!!

Dave Mccarthy

Reaction score
It would have to be the 47lb pike, but from a non trout water to buck the trend.
What an awsome fish that would be!

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
The chub, preferably from a neglected suburban stream that the circus drive over on the way to a proper fishery. On trotted bread, if we're allowed to ice the fantasy cake, but as this is the predator forum, I'll allow it to grab a tiny spinnerbait meant for perch.

C

christian tyroll

probably the pike just for catching a fish of such huge size, but i wouldnt mind the perch either as their lovely fish!

J

jason fisher

6lb perch record ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

D

David Marrs

Have to say, jeez what would a 9lb Chub or a 6lb Perch look like!!! Freakin Fantastic!

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Perch. My biggest is less than 2 pounds but even that was a pretty awesome fish.

TonyStone

Reaction score
It'd have to be the pike, more than double the size of anything I have caught before, would be an awesome fish.

Wouldnt mind a 9lb chub though : )

M

madpiker

it would have to be the pike for me as well,closely followed by the eel.

Richard Harben

Reaction score
But

If I am fishing on the Ouse and catch a 20lb Zander - wots the best way of getting it officially recorded.
Youd want a witness or 2-
Never really thought of a significant catch - usually do it for personal record -but if you caught a benchmark fish I suppose others may need to know and verify.

L

Les Clark

It would have to be the pike for me and I wouldn`t want any witness`s ,sod that , the fact that I had caught it would be fine ,but back to real life ,at the moment any pike over 12 lb would be good ,can`t seem to get above that weight .

Reaction score
It's a very close one, but I'd have to agree with madpiker. Pike first, very closely followed by the eel, I cannot begin to imagine what a python like that must look like.

D

David Marrs

If I was fishing on the Ouse Richard and landed a 20lb Zed, I'd retain it in a landing net if the fish was OK and I'd phone a friend or two, probably Bish, coz he's a member of the press and would probably know the way forward!

I doubt you'd have much difficulty getting someone out of bed to witness a genuine 20lber!

tony brooks 3

Reaction score
i am with you dave, the 20lb zander for me

i really enjoy the kick of a big pike when you strike home, but every take i get i hope is a zed, even though the sight of a big pike as it slips over the net is great, but i know i enjoy far more the sight of those eyes in the torch and a twenty, wow!!
my best is 11 ish and i have had a few 9 plusserss but the length and depth of a 20 zed.....ooh i have gone weak at the knees just thinking about it

D

David Marrs

It's true Tony, I have to say mate when I'm doing a bit of mobile deadbaiting in the Winter, when I get a run, I always hope its a Zed. There's nothing better than when you hook a good fish and then when it swirls in front of you it turns out to be a half decent Zed! That said, the decent Pike are always decent to catch as well!!! I've always enjoyed having my cake and eating it!!!

R

Robin Higgins

When I first read the option I immediately thought "9lb chub for me". The I thought about a 6lb perch......then a 47lb pike...then....

Oh sod it, I'll have 'em all!