day ticket pike in milton keynes

catman

Reaction score
can anyone tell me anything about day ticket pike venues in the milton keynes area?

K

Kevin Perkins

Hi Catman

MKAA dayticket waters with 20 plussers

Willen Lake, North and South

Furzton Lake

Grand Union canal

Lodge Lake, Teardrops and Ouzel for snappers

Are you local to the area?

Regards

Kevin

catman

Reaction score
yep i live just outside. i've heard good things about caldecote? which is the easiest pike water you listed. i prefer to lure fish.

K

Kevin Perkins

Caldecote is still a fairly 'new' water, and doesn't get much attention. if lure fishing is your thing, you could do worse that taking a leisurely stroll along the canal, perhaps starting at Peartee bridge marina, and wandering up towards Springfield.

My last lure session on Furzton didn't produce a sniff, and I have had plenty of lure blanks on Willen, then one day had four fish in six casts (biggest a mid double) and three of those fish I landed were followed in by much bigger fish - which I never caught, of course

But then, that's pike fishing!

catman

Reaction score
what lures would you recommend? i've got shads, spoons and a bright,light shallow diver.

K

Kevin Perkins

I always start with small dumpy lures like Big 'S', fairly shallow diving, and with inbuilt rattle. And I will always 'run through' the swim with a Mepps before moving on.

Best to try the local tackle shops for up to date info, MK Angling centre in Fenny Stratford and Willards in New Bradwell are always helpful.

TonyStone

Reaction score
I have fished willen lots of times for pike, never caught one though, my uncle had a blind 17lb'er on cat meat though!!!!

Have had some good sessions on the grand union behind a lake with a windmill on it. Had them to 11lb a few seasons ago.

Had them from the ouzel too, but only small fish.

Emberton park has some big pike apparently, never caught from the lakes, had a few from the weir on the river though.