First double!!!

greeny1321

Reaction score
Finally after 9 months of trying I managed to get a decent pike, I would've liked to catch it on a lure but it was half a herring that did the trick on this occasion :D

13lb2oz.jpg

EDIT: 13lb 2oz :)

Last edited:

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Well done mate, it don't matter what you caught it on, now you've broke your duck there's sure to be more to follow. I know you've put the effort in, so you deserve it.

I'll be in touch.

greeny1321

Reaction score
I do like my lure fishing but I decided to invest in some deadbaiting gear as I fish 12-14 hour sessions and I dunno if I want to spend all of my winter fishing being sprayed in the face with freezing cold water every time I cast out brrrrrrr

Anyway this fish came on my 3rd visit to a new water, I fished the same swim on my previous visit and got a little bit of action despite horrible conditions so I guessed that at least a few fish frequent the area, and I was right as this fish was the last of 6 runs all of which came before dinner time, then it went flat calm and I didn't get another touch all day.

greeny1321

Reaction score
It was in pretty good nick mate, there were a couple of red spots just behind its gills but other than that it was tip top, carrying plenty of weight for its length. The difference in the build of the fish from this water is amzing compared to the skinny pike I catch at another local cormorant ravaged water.

I think I have a picture somewhere of a 5lber from the other water that isn't far off the same length as this 13. I'll see if I can find it.

Last edited:

bigsean

Reaction score
Great looking fish mate, well done and keep it up, going out on my 1st lure session one day this wk, fingers crossed :)

greeny1321

Reaction score
Great looking fish mate, well done and keep it up, going out on my 1st lure session one day this wk, fingers crossed :)

Good luck mate, you are abotu to get bitten by the bug - Be warned it's an expensive obsession lure fishing :D

bigsean

Reaction score
Do u mean expensive cos of all the bright shiny lures i woot be able to stop myself buying everytime I pass a tackle shop? I think u might be right lol