Chasewater (Eels)

Dave Smith

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with Chasewater (off A5 Brownhills)?

Seriously thinking of spending the Summer fishing for Eels and was wondering if anyone had fished for them in Chasewater or indeed had caught them while fishing for other species?

Not looking to benifit from someones hard graft (though tips would be gratfully received) just looking for a bit of confidence really, while I can't see why there shouldn't be eels in there but I can't find any proof.

On the subject of Eels does any of the eel clubs have a website that actually works?

TIA

Dave

Dave Smith

Reaction score
I know they should be, they're in the canal that it feeds.... 'spose theres only one way to find out!

280acres...'tis a bit daunting when not many others seem to bother with it! (for anything)

E

Eeluslf Uslf

Hi dave,
The National Anguilla Club has a website.
www.eelnac.tk
Also the AGM is being held on the 25th Of March.

Memebership is open from April 1st 07.

Send me an email or check out the website

Dave Smith

Reaction score
Cheers for that.
none of the other links I'd found worked...

looking forward to getting slimed now!

Dave Smith

Reaction score
No idea,

just brought John Sidley's book. and busy scouring the internet. for info.

Never fished for Eels before. but have been thinking about it for the past couple of seasons. for some reason, every time I look at Chasewater I think about Eels. though as a kid all I remember people fishing for was Pike. and (according to a leaflet I picked up yesterday) being as the Chase is 400 acres, and I never fished for Eels is a bit weird!

My Dad used to fish for Eels in the late sixties early seventy?s but exclusively on the River Severn. tactics where pretty basic too, could be described as a grappling hook on the end of tow rope!

I made the decision a couple of weeks ago to concentrate on Predator fishing, for the last few seasons it's been Pike October - March then whatever during the summer.

I'll still be doing a bit of carp/tench/breaming with my young lad but my own fishing will be concentrated on predators...Eels seem the ideal summer predator and as not many people seem to bother with them, this could make for a huge learning curve this summer, and probably some disasters on route to competency...

should be fun though really looking forward to it!

E

Eeluslf Uslf

Hi Dave.

The National Anguilla Club held its AGM last weekend. The subs for 2007/08 have been held back to the same rate as last year. ?20.00 per year. April 07 to March 08.
Details on the website where you can download a application form.

Best wishes.

Eel.

DEAN ASTON

Reaction score
Dave i did a few nights on chase water and there is a small pool which i think joins on not fished it for 13 years or more . It has done one or 2 big eels i had 3 out found it hard going but thats eel fishing all on worms they got pointed months hope this out mate

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Dean.....that small pool feeds into the main lake under a bridge, or at least it used to when i fished there about 20 odd years ago...used to catch the odd very nice roach and tench.

Crayfish could be a nuisance then, our own native crays that is, not signals, i had a walk around a couple of years back and found evidence of crays still, eels will eat crays ;)