Catfish catch reports?

catman

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any cats coming out in the last few weeks? Planned a session on a very small, shallow lake called Westminster Pool in Ampthill (if anyone knows it)on friday night and was wondering what my chances of success might be. If they ain't started feeding yet I don't stand a snowball in Hell's chance.

matt

Reaction score
If It's a shallow lake catman you've given yourself the best chance of success.
The general consensus seems to be that cats become more catchable when the water temp gets to 9.5 or 10 deg c. Shallow lakes should warm up faster. my local here up north is still only 8.5 but a cat was foul hooked by a carp angler as he was winding in last week so it may of been moving about mid water.

Let us know how you get on good luck

sydders

Reaction score
Hi I'm planing a 3 day catfishing trip to lincoln in may with friends. I want to learn as much as I can b4 I go-does any one know any web sites where I can info on baits, rigs, techniques or any other info that might be helpful? Thanx

Matty C

Reaction score
you know guys, Im organising a catfish fish-in on this site.. its in july, the 6th - 9th, at Beaver fisheries near gatwick.. if anyone here is interested, go and have a look in the Events and Fish-ins forum and scroll down, youll soon find the catfish thread, on which you can find all the info and / or say if youre interested..

cheers guys.. hope you wanna come along.

Matt