finding a decent bag for jerkbaits

Mark Brailsford

Reaction score
you guys seem to think the same as me....dont you think that with fox that you are paying for the name?
i have had several items from them and i dont think the brand is worth the money!
some times you are only paying for the name.

B

Budgie Burgess

To be honest I cant really put my finger on what my "problem" with Fox gear is! Some of it is really nice gear,in fact most of it is but I supose my problem is that it all seems to fall just short of being "right".It all seems to need just that little bit more attention to design,manafacture to make it really be what it should be.If it was crap I wouldnt mind (all ready plenty of crap tackle about that we just ignore!)it just frustrates me that it could be so good but most time falls just short and dissapoints.

Its "cult" must have status amongst so many of the modern anglers also does it no favours in my eyes.I hate being told how wonderful a pretty mediocre piece of kit is just because it meets the current fashion trends!

A

Andrew Macfarlane

I think the vast majority of Fox gear is just plain crap. With the odd exception of a couple of rods and the odd bit of tackle, I find most Fox gear is painfully fragile, badly constructed, poorly designed and simply not upto the job. It's trendy gear and little else. Their gear is mostly nice to look at and they've built their whole reputation round the tackle tarts who wouldn't be seen dead using a homemade slotted bung or an indicator made from ping pong balls.