finding a decent bag for jerkbaits

Mark Brailsford

Reaction score
hi there chaps,
anybody out there know were i can get a decent bag for jerkbaits.
in the fox pike book i see dave kilbrik has a good sized bag with solid partitions, but it must be a prototype as i cannot find it on the fox web site.
i own a wynchwood lure bag but its boxes are only anygood for small lures.
anybody out there know were i can look.
thanks.

keora

Reaction score
Barry Rickards has recommended using a medium size bucket for lures.

The idea is that you drive to the water with the lures in a normal bag. When you park you select the lures you want for the day and then dump them in the bucket and take that with you. The lures are quite easy to untangle from each other.

I used this system for a few years, but stopped now that I tend to use lures as a back up while deadbaiting (the bucket system was a bit bulky when added to the deadbaiting outfit).

Trisantona

Reaction score
The "IN" thing is to get one of those thick rubber black buckets from a builders merchant,drill a load of holes round the top of the rim,then hang lures by end treble around the inside of the bucket.hope this helps.must learn to type faster lol.

P

pete the levelspiker(pac)

pro logic do a jerkbait bag with 25 compartments and drainholes.
?24.95,nice bit of kit.

G

Gary Knowles

I've always used a bucket with 4mm holes drilled all around the lip without any problems. i don't think this is a new 'in thing' though, mates of mine have been doing this for over 10 years...

That said I did see Dave Kelbricks' prototype lure box and it did look pretty good. I'm not sure if its out yet though...

Geoff Strutt

Reaction score
cut bottoms off clear plastic bottles,take lid off, thread bait elastic or line doubled thru top, loop round bottom hook, pull and ram lure into bottle, put lid on to trap line, trim bottle to length, bung in anything,or tie ends of line and hang on belt.

Mark Brailsford

Reaction score
hi pete,
looked at the pro logic bag and liked it, so i have ordered one from ted carter. thanks for that mate.
i rang fox up about the dave kilbrick one and it will be available in october, but its big!!
they are allso putting out some other lure tackle too.
thanks lads for the idea on buckets, but i have tried that idea and dont like it....to clumsy for my type of bank work.

B

Budgie Burgess

Ive always used a couple of large Plano Hanging Lure boxes for storage but its not realy necessary to lug that many lures on an outing normaly.

Still looking for a better alternative to the bucket to be honest.

Colin Brett

Reaction score
I'm with Gary with the drilled bucket!
I also cut some plastic drainpipe sections and tape them together then put these in the middle of the bucket to get another 7 lures in without tangling.

Colin

C

Chris Bishop

Someone - Friendly Fisherman I think - does a jerkbait bag with tubes in to stop them tangling.

Colin Brett

Reaction score
"Someone - Friendly Fisherman I think - does a jerkbait bag with tubes in to stop them tangling."

I bet Budgie's and my version are a lot lot cheaper!!

Colin

B

Budgie Burgess

"I bet Budgie's and my version are a lot lot cheaper!!"

Colin,a Gucci bag would be a lot cheaper than one from Andy!

C

Chris Bishop

I'll try and find out more you, um, cheapskates, I mean lads.

P

the prologic bag has separate compartments to stop lures tangling.
wychwood also do one with tubes in for around ?30,not as good as the prologic one though.
(i have both!)

P

i can`t remember who makes the one supplied by the friendly fisherman,think that it cost over ?50 though!

Mark Brailsford

Reaction score
hi pete,
got my pro logic bag and its a nice bit of kit for ?25!!
only problem i had was getting the bloody partitions in!!!!
but its good value, and a lot bigger then expected. i bet the new fox one that comes out in october will not be as cheap.
anyway pete thanks for putting me on to that mate.

A

Andrew Macfarlane

I'm another one of the hole-round-the-rim bucket division.

PS: Drill some holes in the bottom for drainage and keep a few stones or old leads in there too. Lure filled buckets have a knack for tipping over when you leave them sitting on uneven ground.

P

no probs mark,
i had the same hassle with the flat pack partitions meself,although oe sorted,it`s the best lure bag that i`ve had.
the fox one?
purely my opinion,but i think that it will probably be expensive and fall apart in no time!

B

Budgie Burgess

But Pete it will have that lovely little yellow logo though..........