pike/predator waters south east kent

Reaction score
hi all im getting back into pike fishing and fancy hitting them hard this winter but dont have the slightest clue where there are any waters that hold pike. if people could please list some and mabey a few details i.e size of pike, size of water where the water is, tactics/methods used etc....

thanks all speedy

Reaction score
ha ha funny begger im not looking for wise craks just some info ok

not being a scrooge peeps just needing some info.

cheers scott

B

Barry Edney

How about Nicholls lake?

Military Canal?

Denge Marsh?

River Stour?

I don't fish any of these places.... just a few in that area that I know of. And I would imagine there are pike in all.

Reaction score
lol ive never herd of any of those. ive not long moved to the area. i know the militery canal could hold some but where abouts would u recomend?? cheers scotty

T

trev matthews (100M bronze)

Good luck Scott

Generally the guys on here are mega helpfull however,asking for info on where to fish (especially for pike) is like asking them to swop their wives, or in monks case his fave guitar.

B

Barry Edney

Mmmm, I used to fish it about 20 years ago and I'm pretty sure its changed now... but... the bailiff used to come along to sell you a ticket on the bank. I've fished all along from Seabrook to Appledore. Used to catch jacks from Appledore. Lost a bigger pike from Warehorne. Hamstreet is another place we used to fish. Hopefully someone will be able to give you more up to date info.

Nicholls Lake is between Hythe and Dymchurch. Not sure who controls the fishing there.

Denge Marsh is out near Dungeness/Lydd area. I'm pretty sure Cemex has a lake there. You could look on the Cemex website to check.

River Stour... I've fished it a coupla times in Canterbury. It was free fishing in those days. Plucks Gutter and something Ferry are other venues on the Stour but not fished there.

I hope this is some use to you.

MartynC

Reaction score
Get a map, look at the blue bits and then use Google Earth to look at them swim by swim.

Thenget in your car and go exploring. Thats what most of us do.

Plus ask in local tackle shops. Even if they only tell you the crap places at least its a start.

What I never really understand is why some people look for short cuts. Its a lot more fun (honestly) to do your own research and exploring and find your own places.

Even if you get a few blanks so what? When you do find some fish then at least they may not be tatty trashed fish as are some from well known places.

Reaction score
cheers everyone who left comments. i like nothing more than to find a secret swim river lake etc... but at the moment all i am asking for is if anybody knows of any water holding pike. im living in Dover at the mo. ive had a few jacks out of cottington while fishing for tench with lobworm. but thats all.

cheers again

captain carrott

Reaction score
ive had a few jacks out of cottington while fishing for tench with lobworm. but thats all.

speaking as a northerner who hasn't got a clue about these foriegn parts you could always thry this place with real pike baits and see if owt bigger comes out.

B

Barry Edney

Scott, when I used to fish down that way I never knew of any freshwater fishing around Dover. It may have changed now with all these farmers digging holes in fields. If I lived closer I would definitely join Wingham. Unfortunately I'm over 100 miles away now, just a little too far.

Les, I suppose its for the best that a club controls the fishing on the Stour. I'm sure a local club would look after it more than the council would. (You would like to think so anyway.)

Reaction score
Scott ,I don`t know of any clubs Dover way but there must be one or two but the best bet is to join Canterbury & District if you have transport 8 or so large lakes plus the river Stour ,all for about £70.

Barry , sore subject , I tried for two years to get Canterbury & District to do a river only membership as they have stopped selling day tickets and seem to have lost interest in the river and i did`nt want to join or fish their other waters , but at the end of the day ( or two years later ) they said no ./forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

Reaction score
that sounds good chaps next time im at cottington il put a couple of rods out for pike.. thanks for all the info people, its good to know when you need info you guys are here to help

scott

smithy123

Reaction score
yes barry, grove ferry, is an ok place to go, has some pike there, canterbury river stour has pike, couple of big pike, recommend them both

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Get yourself a Canterbury ticket I used to fish at Westbere on the Stour and the lake there.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Have a look at the Cranbrook Angling Club they have waters on the Medway and a reservoir in east Sussex with bank and boat fishing.