Nature of Britain

Pete Shears

Reaction score
This coming wednesday,Alan Tichmarsh according to to the program listings,is looking at ferox trout in the scottish lochs and pike,the latter fdilmed in Stoney Cove by a diver who has spent 100+ hours observing & filming the pike

Could be interesting......

Steve Handley

Reaction score
Anyone lucky enough to have seen this program will have seen some fascinating underwater film shots,especially the pike and perch in their natural habitat.

I was fortunate earlier this year to see an Osprey feeding at Woodland Waters Ancaster in Lincolnshire. Yes, Lincolnshire. Not exactly where you would expect to find Ospreys, but probably a young bird from Rutland Water. I ended up putting the fishing rod down and just watched this incredible bird in action.

There is actually a video on Youtube of this Osprey catching fish.

clam

Reaction score
Great shots of the salmon swimming up river to breed.

T

The Monk

It is an excellent series, I have his last series on DVD, well worth getting for anyone interested in British Natural History

clam

Reaction score
My wife liked the shot of the kingfisher on the on the log/branch.She couldnt belive me when i said i see something like this every time i go fishing.I fish the upper trent alot and ive seen more kingfishers this season then any other/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Tony Roper

Reaction score
Anybody no if its being repreated i missed it /forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I missed it too unfortunately.

I've noticed there seems to be a lot more kingfishers about on the rivers too Clam and also huge buzzards drifting around on the thermals.

Trouble is, I've missed loads of bites whilst watching them, but hey /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

M

MarkTheSpark

The footage was good, except for the bit where they chased a manky old srawny ferox with cataracts around Lock Ness... not exactly a fish in the prime of its life. But the pike shots were brilliant.

F

Fred Bonney

Tony, it's repeated on sundayBBC2 at 18:10,without the local bit.