Setting up with drop offs

Stu69

Reaction score
Right then fellas, another one.

In my previous thread “shy biting fish”, I had a lot of great help and advice. As a result of some of the information and my experience of funny bites at the weekend I have gone back to looking at my drop off indicators and satisfy myself I am getting it spot on.

I use front alarms FOX Micron and my new acquisition a DELKIM in conjunction with FOX drop off arms. I have the two types, ones with ball line clip and ones with the gate type line clip. The ball line clip is easy. Adjust the gap between the balls so that the line is held in the clip and it takes minimal effort to pull the line out.

I think I know how to set up with the gate type but I would like advice so that I am sure I am doing it right.

PS. Reel line is a mixture of 15lb mono and 30lb power pro.

Cheers

Stu

Cider Bob (GBs)

Reaction score
Tighten down,open bail arm and if youve got one,engage the baitrunner,take line from your spool.

flip open the latch,insert line,then close the latch.Providing you havnt got your line as tight as an archers bow you should now be in business.

Oh and dont forget,when your satisfied with the posistioning of your drop off in relation to your spool.flick your baitrunner off.

I think ive answered your question?/forum/smilies/eye_rolling_smiley.gif