PIKE MATCH

Jay Folly

Reaction score
<u>3PLACES LEFT.</u>

12 pegs. A £12 ticket, with the winner taking £100 in prize money.

9.30 peg draw, 10 am start. finish at 3.30pm

anyone wishing to use live bait must catch them from the lake. (Ok to catch them prior to match)

2 rods per person.

Talltrees Carp Fishery, Aspley Guise, Bedfordshire.

Call Jay on 07775 613235 or email for further details/booking

T

trev matthews (100M bronze)

I went on this match today and it was a well run and very friendly affair indeed. I called Jay on Friday and asked if i could take my blind mate with me and he said no probs. So me and Chris went down and had a great day. Free tea, Coffee and sandwiches and we met some great characters too. The lake is nicely kept and whilst it was in its bare winter state at the moment I can only imagine how great it will be during the summer. Chris and I will be returning to join the other members there early in the new year. Thanks Jay.

catman

Reaction score
Did any good pike show up? I lost what looked to be a good 30lbs pike there last summer on a frankfurter flavoured boilie!

Jay Folly

Reaction score
All week leading upto the match the pike were going mad, chasing anything that moved. the night before there was a real severe frost that maybe killed off the action. only 5 were caught, all jacks, 1x2lb, 3x4lb, 1x5lb. ( all by the one 11 year old lad!)

considering i have never caught any below 6lb, it amazed me!

the carp were having a bit of a show on tuesday night, seems the quick burst of warmer weather has livened them up........

as for your 30, a 35 has previously been caught, about 8 years ago, a 28 about 2 years ago & this year a 15 has been caught by default on a boilie reel in!

i did have a dead 6 1/2 that had been "rasped" by a cat................