A NEW 6lb 2oz PERCH RECORD!

MarkW

Reaction score
cracking perch i wonder if there allow it though.

CAT

Reaction score
Nice Percy!

Like to see some film footage of them weighing it, is there any available?

Its obvious they have had the fish in a carrier bag as the fish is covered in slime and i dont doubt the scales were zeroed and in perfect working order.

If theyprove that then its a Record.

"What cant speak cant lie"

Jon Warrener

Reaction score
Looks like it's gonna be chucked out (rightly).

Anyone else think it looks 6lb???

Plus the geezer was poaching in a marina and didn't have a rod licence.

Michal Felcyn

Reaction score
Looks max 3 lb maybe. 6 pounder shoud have roughly 60+ cm. This one does not seem to be that long...

Dave German

Reaction score
"Plus the geezer was poaching in a marina and didn't have a rod licence."
Thats a Hell of a statement, where did you get the rod licence bit from.

Jon Warrener

Reaction score
Not a hell of a statement at all. A statement of fact.

This week's Angler's Mail. He's admitted it himself.

His excuse is, he was using his mate's rod so claims he thought his mate's licence covered him. Yeah right.

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more Dave,

Jon, do you have proof of that?

If not, surely that's a bit harsh? (Not having a pop mate, just offering an alternate view/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif)

What if you'd caught it and a load of noddies disputed your catch? (Not saying that is the case here, but nothing has yet been established, so benefit of the doubt etc, and where did the licence bit come from?)

I believe there has been an allegation thathe was poaching in a marina but the captor and his mate were adamant that they moored outside of the prohibited area (it was in AT a couple of weeks back).

Either way nothing has been proved either way, and it's one heck of a fish that should inspire every Thames angler.

As to whether it did weigh the claimed weight...

He is apparently over 20 stone which, whilst itis very unhealthy, isa very good indication that this is a colossal fish very near the claimed proportions.

Andy Nellist would be the man to confirm this but I believe that IF he is found to have not been poachingand SUBJECT to witness testimonyANDweights and measureschecks, then we may a truly exciting river record.

I guess what I'm saying is...

Let'snot get the knives out just yet, I think many river anglers would love it if we legitimately snatched a record back from the stillwater mob./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Reaction score
B*gger! /forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

Fair play Jon,

I hadn't read that interview and was getting all excited about a legitimate river record. /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

Forget all the above mate...

Jon Warrener

Reaction score
I know you took it back ****y and thanks for that, but I do find it slightly ironic that a couple of people accuse me of shooting my mouth off without the facts when that's exactly what they've done themselves!

To quote Robert Townsend himself;'If it gets rejected over a rod licence that's ridiculous', and 'I'll put a claim in and if it gets accepted that's a bonus, but if they don't want to give me the record because I didn't have a rod licence that's entirely down to them.'

Reaction score
Good point Jon,

I was being very naive, my apologies.

I just can't believe there are still people out there who fish without a licence, let aloneidiots that try andclaim a record.

That's it mate, I'm a cynic again /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

Still it wasn't the fish's fault and whatever shenanigans its captor got up to, I'm still gob-smacked by the dimensions.