How's it been...

C

Chris Bishop

Mine's been lousy until last w/e, when I fluked a 26:04.

After a reasonable summer, I just couldn't seem to find the better fish.

By the time Christmas came, I was running out of excuses.

Has it been the same for everyone else - or have you all been cleaning up on the quiet..?

D

Dave Kennedy

due to health problems in the family i have not been able to do any piking at all since christmas :-(.

mind you i was down at the river yesterday afternoon to meet the environment agency:)

they were bringing our club 2 tanks full of fish they had electro-fished from about 10 miles upstream of us.

AND THEY COST OUR CLUB NOTHING:)

altogther we got at least 800 fish, Roach chub Dace and gudgeon. they electro-fish the coarse fish from this section of water every march for the controling trout club, and because of the section 30 ruling the fish can only go back into the same water coarse.

The fish were all in tip top condition, as they are every time they do this work.(2 years ago we got about 5000 fish)

what was also nice was the fact the environment agency fisheries officer told me that they found a lot of brown trout that had over wintered this year, plus there were 100's of small 3-4" fish that had also survived.

getting back on subject chris :)
i havnt had a sucsesful pike season, but others have on the Cam. there have been several doubles taken out of our stretch of water since november.

A

Andy Doughty

Had a great one, cheers for putting me onto a new water Chris! Two twenties, a hat full of upper doubles and loads of lower doubles and jacks.

And I have enjoyed every minute of it, looked forward to each and every trip out and had a bloody good laugh along the way.

P

Peter Waller

Its been a great year! Its been good to see friends come up here & catch. Put Gerry onto two good twenties, he caught them both! Put some folk onto fish and . . . . . . . Its been quality before quantity this year as well. One thing has been noticeable, the fish have packed on more weight this year and have, right up until now, fought harder than last year. Met some good pikers too, made some good friends over the internet. Met one fellow who has caught a big fish from a river that I fish, unknown fish to me. Nice to have a challenge. Can't wait for next season!! That's one fish that I am going to get!

D

Dave Lindsay

mines been ok this year with quite a few doubles from my local river.

been doing lots of exploring this year with a lure rod with ok results .

just been out for 2 days on the river and local lakes with awful results 1 7lb fish on a rubber grub (and that was foul hooked)
but still better than being at work..

G

Gerry Castles

I think this year for me was the best.
The quality of the fish and fishing was very high and the people that I fished with were second to none, some of whom gave generous amounts of time, not to mention their boats and some just provided a few good laughs along the way. No names needs you all know who you are. (Now where did you say that 40 lived Peter?)