Jerkbait Newbie

ggh

Reaction score
Ihave access to a 6 acre lake which doesn't allow boat fishing, so I want to invest in somebaitcasting kit that I can get some distance from the bank. I like the look of the Fox lures and replicants but what rod n multiplier am I gonna need to cope with these beasts............?!

Pete Austin 5

Reaction score
fladen maxximus jerkbait rod coupled with an abu 6500 size multiplier filled with 80 or 100lb braid .

Wychwood also do a decent jerkbait rod for around £30.

Steve Weaver

Reaction score
Nash do some really good jerkbait rods for only £30 on the climax tackle website. I have the 6ft version and it will cast pretty much any lure you have. I partnered mine with an ABU6501c3 and 80lb power pro.

smiley

Reaction score
Defo Abu6501c. I have got a Matt hayes jerkbait rod which is great.

As for lures I would go for Salmo Sliders

noodle

Reaction score
dont on the nash I ended up with a beastmaster but having played withtwo of thenash rods id certainly by either of em over most of the mass produced rods ive tried

lee nowell

Reaction score
try the cortland endurance jerkbait . its stiff enough to use and work big jerks properly but it bends at the tip to help keep hooked fish on, only £45 too. reels any abu or shimano will be up to it. power pro braid 65-100lb. for lures have a look at the fox spearheads, strike-pro busters, sq-burts + dawgs

C

Chris Bishop

If you want lures that cast a long way, Chico Winterton imports some cracking jerks from an independent lure maker. They're called Smuttleys, I've got one which weighs about 4oz and casts like a rocket, I reckon I can sling it 40yds on a good day.

You can get hold of him via the Lincoln PAC website here.

Andrew Allebone 2

Reaction score
Be careful with the Fox lures, they may look nice but they may not be all what they are cracked up to be.

Go with a 100lb titanium leader too, why waste money on stainless leaders, they do not last as long as the titaniums.