Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: spinning rod

Default Re: spinning rod

Quote Originally Posted by justin ackroyd View Post
    I just thought my rod would be too stiff, seen em on the tele. They nearly bend in half
    It all depends on the size of lure you want to cast, its nothing to do with the action of your rod when you have a fish on! get yourself a dedicated lure rod mate you will get more enjoyment casting with a proper lure rod

So what kind of line do I need to use ? Is mono OK with as wire trace

Braid or Mono, the final choice is yours. But I would suggest there are a lot of advantages to using Braid. But whichever you choose, please employ a wire trace.

Hope this helps.

Cheers everyone, can't wait to have ago

Quote Originally Posted by justin ackroyd View Post
    Cheers everyone, can't wait to have ago
    You will catch loads of fish on the lure mate , just ask Sam

Got a rod but don't know if I've made a boob. Line rating 8_11. I bought some braid as I was told to, but its 20lb. Will this be too heavy or ok beacause of its low diameter. Only got it cos it was on offer, 250mt 18 quid

Don't worry mate, the braid will work fine with your rod. Most of us that do a lot of lure fishing use braid because of the fact that you can get it in lower diameter BS, than mono of a similar strength. Also it's near zero stretch, which makes hook sets easier, and keeps you in touch with the lure far better than mono ever did. You'll find even small nips and plucks at the lure, will be transmitted to the rod far more obvious than with mono.

Let us know how you get on.

8. Default Re: spinning rod

Quote Originally Posted by mark brailsford 2 View Post
    Is that a Polish website?
    Wouldn't touch them with a 16m pole mate, not fond of Salmo lures Anyway, cr*p IMO
    Living in Europe I've ordered from all over Europe. I use a Polish shop for lures and fly tackle, a Romanian shop for fly tying materials, a German shop for shimmy reels. The only country where I've had problems with orders is the UK . If you're worried about being ripped off many European shops take paypal which offers an element of protection.

Salmo lures are brillant and I've had no problems with hardware on their lures. The Hornet is an excellent perch lure and the Slider is quite possibly one of the most effective jerkbaits ever made and it even comes in smaller sizes! I would suggest that if you have Salmo lures that you don't use then you're missing out. Hrt make some very good lures too.

The Polish and Eastern European are probably streets ahead of the English when it comes to lures and lure fishing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12