Well known piker convicted

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I'm going to be very careful what I write here as I haven't had time to establish the facts and I'm away from work for the next week or so.

I've heard that a very well known pike angler has recently been convicted of insurance fraud involving the selling of a boat that he'd claimed had been stolen. The selling of the boat also involves another very well known pike angler.

The convicted angler, if the rumour is true, was also involved in another scandal for which he was convicted some time ago.

If anyone can establish that what I've written is a fact (and only a fact) then please post the details on this thread.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

It truly is time this assole met his nemisis. If there is anyone in the angling world who deserves never to fish again it is he.

He must be put in the slammer for at least 15 years and then banned from fishing for the rest ofhis life.

And to think some people hold this b******d up as an example and even worse, some form of luminary./forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif

A

Andrew Macfarlane

*pops over to P&P to see what's happening*

It would appear that piking's most unsavoury representative (yes....him again) has been sentenced to 150 hours community service and fined £4,800.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

"quote from staffordshire magistrates court "mr nigel williams was ordered to do 150hours community service and fined £4800 regarding a fraudulent insurance claim for a motor boat"

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

It truly is time this assole met his nemisis. If there is anyone in the angling world who deserves never to fish again it is he.

He must be put in the slammer for at least 15 years and then banned from fishing for the rest ofhis life.

And to think some people hold this b******d up as an example and even worse, some form of luminary./forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif</blockquote>
Ron; Would you say this, if it was Graham; That done this ?.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Graham would never do such a thing and quite frankly I am peturbed that you should insinuate that he would.

I am disgusted at the lengths certain people will go to to make a name for themselves in this sport. My question is - what for, come on tell me what for?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Yes, the facts are: Nigel Williams got 150 hours of community service and £4,800 compensation order from Stafford Crown Court after pleading guilty to fraud.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

And who was the guy who aided and abetted?

generally frauds of this nature require two people.

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
One name comes to mind................

I'll say nothing until I can substantiate it!

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
The judicial system in their wisdom it would seem have given their judgement.

It remains to be seen what if anything the angling world or specifically the pike fishing fraternity will determine. I strongly suspect bugger all, other than '' well he has been punished'' ah yes, but it's becoming somewhat of a habit!!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

It is obvious now that Williams is an individual of criminal tendencies.

If he can commit fraud, and if he can transport fish to another country knowing full well that it is against the law, it beggars belief how he has probably fiddled his big fish record. Certainly people are going to find difficulty in believing what he caught.

People like this are often held up as heros by young anglers.

They must not be held up as such. Such actions can only bring our sport into disrepute. What is necessary is that Williams, his books, his articles and maybe the tackle company that sponsors him should be boycotted!

We in the sport of angling do not need the likes of Williams; we must say: "Begone, and don't come back - ever!!"

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

I am not sure which tackle company it is, yet they must be named.

Only when Williams has been removed from the sponsorship list should we consider purchasing tackle from them, and that won't take long.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

The feckwit should be banged up, short sharp shock with a heftier fine. And i might be wrong but was another very well known angler involved in this scam?

Insurance scamming..WE END UP PAYING FOR IT!