Win Free Pike Fishing at Walthamstow Reservoirs

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Blimey. I won a ticket! Who else won one?

I hope you do well I fished it on a regular basis with my sons until a season ago. It holds some very good fish still but gets a lot of pressure these days. The trout in the high maynard make for good sport and fine eating . In resent years we fished mainly lures. Enjoy fishing it and good luck.

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
Thanks for that advice. I was thinking of giving drifting a go. Are these ressies fairly even depth?

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for that advice. I was thinking of giving drifting a go. Are these ressies fairly even depth?

Some are 19 foot plus like the West Warwick and the lockwood . One and two are about 12 foot they are heavily carp fished the lower maynard goes to about 15 as well . Plenty of scope for drifting and you have the copper mill stream as well . It can be night fished since about a season ago It used to be a 7 am start. A good pub across the road from the car park for lunch as well. If you are bait fishing a good barrow is essential the west warwick and the bottom end of the lockwood are over a mile walk.
If you go on google to View from the bridge Walthamstow reservoir. there is a video showing you around the complex it covers mainly carp.

Last edited:

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You may be interested to know that a fishery report was done during the 90s and the West Warwick has the best water clarity of all of the Walthamstow group it is a balancing reservoir and was recommended in the report as the best water for predators the margins have reed cover it is one of the least fished but do not let that but you off it holds some good fish pike wise.

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
Brilliant info, tiinker. Very grateful for this. I love fishing new places, and the walk will do me good.

---------- Post added at 10:39 ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 ----------

Struggling to see where the car park is (and thus, the pub!). Which road is it in?

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Brilliant info, tiinker. Very grateful for this. I love fishing new places, and the walk will do me good.

---------- Post added at 10:39 ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 ----------

Struggling to see where the car park is (and thus, the pub!). Which road is it in?

The car park is next to the ticket office on the right as you come though the gate the Pub is the ferry inn directly across the road opposite the car park.
Good luck and let us know how you get on always glad to help.
The road that runs past the main gate is the A 503 I do not drive myself I either go with my sons or public transport the bus stops by the main gate.

Last edited: