Help

Max Power

Reaction score
Hi, evweryone.

I an going fishing for pike on a water that is very rarly fished, the water is muddy but not really muddy. we are only after dragging some of the lily out. we have traces, nets and all that stuff.

which is best lure or deadbait?

Jay Dee

Reaction score
I would use something that smells like dead but not rotten fishpreferably dead bait or just coated your lure with fish oil.

I haven't gone pike fishing b4 so if anyone agrees with me then write back.

Jay Dee

Reaction score
no we actually agreed on that...you said to use dead bait and i said put something that smell like fish on the lure and you said fish oils...if you knew what to do why'd you post it..lol

Max Power

Reaction score
l'm not really sure, so i posted it up here for comfirmtion, so which is beter?

Spinners or deadbaits (raoch and perch)?

Max Power

Reaction score
/members/images/50656/Gallery/cat-5-2.jpg

/members/images/50656/Gallery/silver_spoon_bait.jpg

/members/images/50656/Gallery/soft_plastic_perch_lure.jpg

these are the lures we planto use

A

Andrew Macfarlane

Use the swimbait at the bottom. Just cast it out, let it hit the bottom, then bounce it along the bottom in quick 2 foot hops. Make sure you maintain a tight line throughout. Once you've got the hang of that action, throw in some short hops, some long hops, the odd darting motion and the odd pause. Mix it up but make sure you maintain that tight line and the pike will more or less hook themselves.

You could be doing that while you have some deadbaits/livebaits out. Just don't wander too far from your rods.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
The one at the bottom Max.

If your new to piking (apologies if your not) I'd recommend going with someone more experienced to start with to show you the ropes. Particularly if your using baits, I find unhooking with lures is often simpler.

Good luck!

Max Power

Reaction score
thanks for all da help, i went fishing with 2 friends, one a novice abd thwe other an experied angler, i got nothing but the experied angler caught a 6Ib pike, and i learned from tht, thank anyway!

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
Personally when fishing new waters for pike I would always float or ledger fish half a JOEY mackeral ( preferrebly the tail ). Always when I ledger I use black wine corks to pop up the Joey mackeral half about 8 to 12 inches of the lake bed. Making your own wire traces is the best thing to practice in predator fishing will save you pounds and you can perfect the best rig for your fishing, I make them with the cork on and put a crimp on just in front of the cork this stops it from moving down the wire trace away from the deadbait or popping up lives is probably the best of all "small roach on one treble and a small perch on the second treble down the trace, yes 2 lives on 1 trace ( it caught me 3 zander between 11.05lb to 13.10lb in 1 hours fishing session plus many pike to over 25lb on the fens and cut off channel and relief channel by the wissey