Shakespeare Mega S LURES

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I went to the Range in Romford today and they are knocking out Shakespeare Mega S lures a £2-99 each I bought four two silver and two golden perch . These lures are four and three quarter inches long well worth a swim. I have not seen any of this size in the shops but did read about them coming on the market about a year or so ago.

guest61

Reaction score
had my eye on those for a while after seeing them on my internet computer, didn't buy any though as was unsure about the weight. do they cast well? I have noticed mid 's' casts brill, but big 's' a bit light for the size so cant be chucked as far. how do the mega 's' size square up?

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
had my eye on those for a while after seeing them on my internet computer, didn't buy any though as was unsure about the weight. do they cast well? I have noticed mid 's' casts brill, but big 's' a bit light for the size so cant be chucked as far. how do the mega 's' size square up?

They weigh about one and three quarter ounces. I did not take them with me this afternoon but I will be out again on Friday I will try them then and let you know.

rains

Reaction score
I have one of these i swear the SAS could use them to grapple up the side of a building :)

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have one of these i swear the SAS could use them to grapple up the side of a building :)

They are great for pulling out the odd broken branch as I found out the other day they cast well.

symonh2000

Reaction score
I have had great experiences with the Big S and I think I will be getting some Mega S lures in the near future. :cool:

mikeskipper

Reaction score
Used the original Big & Midi S plugs for many years, and have put more than a few pike and big perch on the bank for me over the years. However, I've had even more success with them for chub, especially on flowing rivers.
These new Giants look to be just the right size to really target pike, and I'll be giving them a stern test in the coming months. Can't wait to try them.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have not tried them Trolling as yet but from what I have seen on the action retrieving on the reel. I think they will be very attractive.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have not tried them Trolling as yet but from what I have seen on the action retrieving on the reel. I think they will be very attractive.

Tiink,

Have you tried them for trolling on here? You might just catch :D :D

Seriously the Shaky lures are not bad for the money but IMHO I personally would change the trebles for something a little stronger AND sharper! I like Eagle claw and Owner trebles, expensive, but very good :)

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tiink,

Have you tried them for trolling on here? You might just catch :D :D

Seriously the Shaky lures are not bad for the money but IMHO I personally would change the trebles for something a little stronger AND sharper! I like Eagle claw and Owner trebles, expensive, but very good :)

Best quality hooks are all important when trolling the extra pressure of a strike from a fish when trolling can result in broken or straightened hooks. this is also the reason for heavier lines in the eighty pound region. Similar thing in jerk baiting. I used to enjoy trolling on the oars when younger you can put so much variation in the movement of the lure on the oars than with the motor.