Pike around Sheffield

linc1464

Reaction score
Dear all,

I'm writing to ask for a little help and advice. I will be moving jobs to live in Sheffield from January next year. I've lived in Edinburgh for the past 5 years and most of my fishing has been for Trout. As a teenager, I used to do a lot of coarse fishing especially for Pike. I'd like to get back into that a bit more after I move.

I wonder if anyone could help me out by suggesting a few venues and fishing clubs to join. I'm not bothered about catching huge fish, but would really like the opportunity to fish quieter places even if that means fewer bites. I've only really found Ladybower reservoir but that's nothing like any of the places I've fished in the past and i imagine that I'd be lost there.

Anyway, I'd be most grateful for any pointers.
Cheers
Steve

B

binka

Harlesthorpe Dam at nearby Clowne is a nice lake which holds pike...

Harlesthorpe Dam | live4fishing.com

There's also Pebley Reservoir just up the road from that, I had heard this water was partly drained a few years ago and is now predominantly a carp fishery but it's a big place and there are reports of pike into double figures coming out as recent as last year.

I think it's day ticket on the bank and night fishing for members only.

Good luck with it :thumbs:

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Hi Steve,

To the above you may add, Underbank reservoir on the edge of Sheffield, and Ulley reservoir at Rotherham. Both hold a reasonable head of pike, plus the odd biggies.

It's fair to say that all of the above reser's have had their share of attention from pike anglers over the years, so are past their best.

If I were pressed I'd urge you to have a crack at Underbank.

If you do decide to give them a look PM me for a more in depth explanation.

tilly05

Reaction score
Sheffield - Rotherham canal. Tinsley stretch holds a few.
The stretch leading upto the lock at Mill Moor is a good stretch too, perch a plenty
And the best days bream fishing iv had

nicepix

Reaction score
Don't overlook the River Don for trout and graying if you want to continue fly-fishing. Some of the industrial stretches are full of fish.