peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Bump!

Scores on the doors folks...

1.kev Taylor 3:12
2. John step. 2:15
3. Sam V. 2:11

9 weeks to go and judging by the angling press BIG perch are once again abundant in our waters...

Imagine the glory of winning this challenge with a real whopper.....:confused:

uremad123

Reaction score
I have had a few good perch this season targeted and caught from various Yorkshire rivers, the notable ones being 2lb 12ozs and 3lb 6ozs,
How can I upload pictures?

also could we have separate categories eg river perch and commercial perch as there is no way a river perch can compete with the fat colourless perch from commercials in size, there are several commercials near me where perch of ridiculous weights are caught by people who are not even fishing for them, It would simply be unrealistic to expect a perch of 4lb+ from a river whereas from a commercial they are relatively common

peter crabtree

Reaction score
I have had a few good perch this season targeted and caught from various Yorkshire rivers, the notable ones being 2lb 12ozs and 3lb 6ozs,
How can I upload pictures?

also could we have separate categories eg river perch and commercial perch as there is no way a river perch can compete with the fat colourless perch from commercials in size, there are several commercials near me where perch of ridiculous weights are caught by people who are not even fishing for them, It would simply be unrealistic to expect a perch of 4lb+ from a river whereas from a commercial they are relatively common

To qualify the perch must have been caught between the dates specified on my first post....

As for separate categories?

No chance...!!!:):)

jimlad

Reaction score
Some awesome perch on show here. Something lacking in my list of captures - I'd love a big perch. They are local to me, just need to find them

uremad123

Reaction score
The 3lb 6oz perch was caught on the 13th of march 2014, and the 2lb 12oz perch was caught on the 2nd December 2014, I am trying to upload photos but cannot figure out how lol

peter crabtree

Reaction score
Click on gallery and upload the pic. Reply to my thread and click insert which is under the Smileys on the right...

Only the 2lb:12 perch qualifies for the BPC but I'm sure we'd all like to see a pic of both....

peter crabtree

Reaction score
Only 4 weeks to go until midnight 14/3/15 the end of this years Big perch challenge.

Scores on the doors so far;

Kev Taylor. 3lb:12
John Step. 2lb:15
Uremad. 2lb:12
Sam Vimes. 2lb:11

Kevs fish will take some beating but it's not impossible. Second, third and fourth places could still be easily reached with a 3lb perch.

I'm hoping to catch a whopper tomorrow from the K&A canal near Reading....

B

binka

Good luck with it Simon.

I've had a couple of fish which I really should've weighed, kicking myself a bit now... Wouldn't have grabbed 1st place for sure but definitely contenders for 2nd.

Ah well, still a few weeks left and some cracking fish posted by others.