Wobblin' or semi- static

naxian62

Reaction score
River's carrying a bit extra and some colour. Do I wobble baits in all likely looking areas or use a two rod float leger approach moving every 30 mins or so?
What to do ?

keora

Reaction score
If the water's coloured after rain, lures and wobbled deadbaits are harder for pike to find.

I would stick to legering or float fishing deadbaits, and move swims regularly.

mick b

Reaction score
River's carrying a bit extra and some colour. Do I wobble baits in all likely looking areas or use a two rod float leger approach moving every 30 mins or so?
What to do ?

Single rod set-up for float spinning/wobbling.
Just keep moving and try every bit of nearside bank once, stopping the bait for a short rest at the end of each retrieve, rod down with bail arm open, give it a couple of minutes then move on.
If you get a turn-away or flash give it one more and if you don't get a take mark it down for return later in the day.

Stick at it and you'll catch, easy peasy, you just need to be fit and travel light.

greenie62

Reaction score
Stick at it and you'll catch, easy peasy, you just need to be fit and travel light.

Aahh - that's why I'm catching nowt! I've been doing the 'Wobblin or semi-static' thing on the way to the swim with all the gear and weight I'm carrying! :eek::eek:mg:

naxian62

Reaction score
So to cap this thread off. It was the coldest day of the year so far, frost everywhere! One fish, to a twitched sprat. So much for the pike- not- wanting- a- moving- bait-in-the-cold-theory.

greenie62

Reaction score
So to cap this thread off. It was the coldest day of the year so far, frost everywhere! One fish, to a twitched sprat. So much for the pike- not- wanting- a- moving- bait-in-the-cold-theory.

It's not COLD yet! :eek::eek: :D

P

pointngo

But when it's cold, ''very cold'', most will choose to fish dead's hard on the bottom. A few of us will continue to chuck lures, or wobbled dead's. Each to their own.

Despite getting "multiplier fingers".... nothing colder than having icy water dripping like a tap onto your hand all day. :eek: