Looking for a Cambs/Lincs/Northants venue...

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
Hi folk. I pike fish Boxing Day every year and, though I've had a few seasons barbelling, I want to stick to the tradition. I'm a very experienced pike angler (32.8 Llandegfedd, many Fen 20s) and someone old may remember me from my days reporting on Angling Times in the 1980s.
But I've had two years falling foul of the curse of Tiski - the lager cans of doom which seem to signal waters that have been raped by the Eastern Europeans. Blanked last year on the Fens, way off the beaten track, but they'd left their signs behind them.
So I want to fish a lake or pit that's got some protection from them; price immaterial, within reason, but must be less than 25 miles from Peterborough. Don't post suggestions here or your waters will be hit too. But PM me if you have a suggestion. Absolutely promise your information will stay with me and my trusted fried Rob only.

Cheers

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I'm surprised Mark, if I wanted info on fisheries in the counties and boundaries you are enquiring about I'd probably ask you?

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
Fair comment, but my head's been full of river fishing for a couple of years and I pick up the pike rods so rarely, I'm out of the loop.

I'm not looking for a miracle, just a well-bailiffed, day ticket water that has some reasonable pike in it. And to be honest, a bit of a change from the places I know. A bit of the unexpected.

flightliner

Reaction score
Mark, has it really got so bad now down your end for pike- I mean- the fens for gods sake- surely there must be some quite spots that are still viable ????.

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
Mark, has it really got so bad now down your end for pike- I mean- the fens for gods sake- surely there must be some quite spots that are still viable ????.

You'd think, but the problem is that we have a few thousand EEs who work the land, so they get right out into the fields and see these places, then I guess stay after work to go night fishing.
The last Fen water we fished was only accessible after a mile drive with a 4x4 - no way a car could get there. But the dreaded Tiski tins were there, and we didn't get a run. Two years earlier, we had a good day there.
I hate racists, but I'm having to eat my words about these EEs; they leave litter like you wouldn't believe and will use any method, right through to deadlines and nets, to catch fish to eat. They need to be stopped, and then these fisheries will recover quite quickly.