Whats happening at fox ???

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
I have been told that Fox have dropped Dave Kelbrick and are totally revamping all their lures,as to move on into the eurpean style of jigging and lure angling etc....

Apparently,daves style of fishing doesn`t fit into their plans and the way they want to move forward.

Any one else heard of this or knows anything ???

Steve Weaver

Reaction score
On the P&P forum Mark Barrett posted the following regarding Fox plans re jerkbaits:

"Just to clear up any confusion Fox have indeed stopped doing all the jerkbait range, micro and standard and the chubby shad range. There are no plans to do any more lures of that type, replicants and super twin tails are still available and the chubby shads have been replaced by the pro shads which are exceptionally good. The new drop shot style lures are just out, and there is a forthcoming range of crankbaits which will be out when development and testing has finished, but look very good and are individually tested."

He later added

"the thing is that jerkbaiting is a pretty minority pursuit in this country and not exactly huge on the continent too these days, so from a commercial point of view, its hard to argue for them."

Dave Lumb

Reaction score
DK was 'dropped' some time ago.

New range of 'drop shotting' baits, small/medium hard baits and light jigging type rods on show recently, plus a light multiplier. No doubt soon to be promoted in the press.

More money to be made in the Dutch/European lure market than the UK I suspect.

And fewer complaints about plastic lures than wooden ones...

A

Andrew Macfarlane

My mate bought some of the new Pike Swingers with the line gate mechanism, which is a great idea in principle but again, Fox have buggered that up too. The gate is simply far too loose and it opens far too easily, so again, something off the Fox shelf has to modified to make it work.

C

Chris Bishop

Presume this explains why they unloaded a lorryload of lures at last year's PAC Convention.

A couple of years ago Dave Horton showed me a drop-off with a linegate which I'm sure was made by someone from up your way Andrew. You could alter the tension in the gate quite cleverly.

A

Andrew Macfarlane

I think we have Mark Houghton to thank for the line-gate drop-offs (great idea), which it seems, Fox haven't quite got right(badly implemented). I hope they sort it out because it's the right idea especially for use with braid or long-range indication.

Morespiders

Reaction score
I remember the first Fox swingers that came out with a gate on.

Many the time I watched front rest buzzers and rods flying over the anglers head when he struck into a carp, I modified mine then, and still use them occasionally, I still think they take some beating

D

David Marrs

I have a set of fox swingers and drop-offs with the magic fox gate. Whilst the drop-offs have been doing the business, one of my swingers must've had a dodgy 'microscopic' spring on the gate - it fell out and I couldn't find it anywhere. Result - 1 x Swinger with a gate complete with no tension at all, its busted!

A

Andrew Macfarlane

The Fox Swingers are the front mounted versions and they've had a gate system for a while. The Fox Pike Swingers are rear mounted drop-offs (that's the type I'm talking about) and the gate system is new on them.

D

David Marrs

Hi Andrew,

I have a 3 of each mate, the Drop-Off's and the Swingers with both sets having the same 'gate' system. Rather annoyingly though, the tiny spring which keeps the gate bar under tension, fell out of one of my Swingers and sadly after only 1 or 2 outings. I was using the Swinger rather than the Drop-Offwhilst deadbaiting for Zander on a Stillwater.

Does anyone know of any quick fixes or bodges I could carry out which would render the otherwise almost new Swinger usable again???

Kind regards,

Dave

J

Jack Pike BA

Wow some good zeds on that site Dave , I am just getting back into pike fishing after a having lay off for a couple of years just wondering if Fox trace wire has improved the last lot I had of theirs I binned it /forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif

Lukar

Reaction score
I find Fox tackle to be very 'pretty' but not half as well made, or thought out, as most of their main competitors - Nashy, for instance, actually seems to try his stuff out, BEFORE he puts it on the market. Generally speaking, I've been very disappointed in most of the Fox tackle I've bought, over the past few years.