Locations

wardalan1987

Reaction score
So basically the mrs has agreed that we will go for a walk along a waterway this weekend.

She has agreed that I can bring my baitcaster set up and lure bag with us. The tricky part is I have a 14week old son who will obviously be with us so ideally we could do with a reasonable towpath running along side the water.

I would be targeting pike and perch. Does anyone have any suggestions of waters local ish to me that would be suitable?

I'm based in Mansfield Nottinghamshire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenie62

Reaction score
See if "Uncle Steve"/Binka has any ideas for you - canals/parks?

Don't forget your camera, Changing (un-hooking) mat, wipes, bag (net) and similar dual-use baby equipment!

Tight Lines!

wardalan1987

Reaction score
Thanks, I get the feeling it's going to be far from fishing light. It's amazing what you can fit under a pushchair though. Saves my back haha

chrissh

Reaction score
Try Worksop on the chesterfield cannel if find Sainsbury on the Worksop bypass there’s a pub called the lock keeper you can park and fish either way towards Worksop town or shire oaks ... there’s are some big parch in and around the marina entrance plus pike

wardalan1987

Reaction score
Well thanks for the suggestions ended up fishing the Trent and Erewash canal at long eaton. For a compromise on location it worked out quiet well. Even managed to pull a pike out so I had a smile on my face too. Can't complain. All in all quiet a nice day. At the next opportunity will be looking to give your venues a try.