Bite Alarms

ranger1

Reaction score
Hi Lads,

First post on the Forum :) I think I'm posting in the right section!

So I'm On the market for either 1 or 2 alarms for deadbaiting, Like this http://www.delkim.co.uk/what-are-the-best-indication-methods-for-catching-pike/.The alarms I was looking at were the Delkims Ev Plus, Firstly I have a E.T backbiter alarm which i find great and I would get but I'm using buzz bars instead of a rod pod and I wont be able to have another Backbite alarm on the Buzz bar, So I'm thinking of getting The Ev plus Alarms As there probably the most I can afford, Now I normally fish with Ledgers and have tight lines.. What's the differences with the TXi compared the Ev Plus ? Just that the TXi is more sensitive ? Not sure If I might get two alarms As I said I have the backbiter but I'm planning on fishing Overnight a few times this season, and I would need a Receiver but that will wait :w :p All my Deadbait fishing as said are with ledgers normally!

Need it To be waterproof as the weather here is Ireland is awful! :D

Thanks.

Last edited:

sam vimes

Reaction score
What's the differences with the TXi compared the Ev Plus ?

The TXi Plus have a built in transmitter, the other two Delks (EV Plus and Standard Plus) do not. The Standard Plus is essentially the TXi Plus minus the transmitter. The EV Plus is a stipped down version of the Standard Plus. It has just a single sensitivity range. Should you wish to use a remote reciever with either Standard Plus or EV Plus, you'll have to buy some kind of aftermarket transmitter as well as the receiver unit. There are alternative aftermarket TX/RX units that will fit Delkims.

Last edited:

ranger1

Reaction score
Thanks for your Reply, mm What do you think I should get I personally seen a TXi alarm at 100£ for each alarm Not sure though It would cost alot of money for 2 alarms. In the long run should I go for the TXi? As for the transmitter its another 55£ and I'd have to get 2 of them (Is that correct), and follwed by an receiver for around 130£ .

EDIT : Had a look around I saw that You can use an Attx V2 receiver with Delkim EV alarms , Which is for sale around 120£ , Is there any negatives using an attx Receiver ?
Thanks.

Last edited:

sam vimes

Reaction score
I can't really comment with regards to their suitability for piking. However, if you've decided that Delks are the ones, and you definitely want a remote receiver facility, TXis strike me as a bit of a "no brainer". If you can get TXis for £100, so much the better. £122.50 is the going (fixed, bar the odd bundle with cashback deal) rate.

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:01 ----------

Yes, if you don't go for TXis, you'll need a transmitter/dongle for each bite alarm used.

Had a look around I saw that You can use an Attx V2 receiver with Delkim EV alarms , Which is for sale around 120£ , Is there any negatives using an attx Receiver ?

The ATTX system was linked to in my original post.;)
I'm not aware of any particular problems with the ATTX dongles/Rxer. I've seen the odd suggestion that they are superior to the Delkim RX. I know plenty of folks that are quite happy with ATTX dongles and RXers. Their own bite alarms are pretty well regarded too. Just make sure the dongles have the appropriate size jack for your alarms of choice (3.5mm for Delks, 2.5mm for most other brands).

http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/carp-fishing/359081-bite-alarm-receivers.html

ranger1

Reaction score
I can't really comment with regards to their suitability for piking. However, if you've decided that Delks are the ones, and you definitely want a remote receiver facility, TXis strike me as a bit of a "no brainer". If you can get TXis for £100, so much the better. £122.50 is the going (fixed, bar the odd bundle with cashback deal) rate.

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:01 ----------

Yes, if you don't go for TXis, you'll need a transmitter/dongle for each bite alarm used.

The ATTX system was linked to in my original post.;)
I'm not aware of any particular problems with the ATTX dongles/Rxer. I've seen the odd suggestion that they are superior to the Delkim RX. I know plenty of folks that are quite happy with ATTX dongles and RXers. Their own bite alarms are pretty well regarded too. Just make sure the dongles have the appropriate size jack for your alarms of choice (3.5mm for Delks, 2.5mm for most other brands).

http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/carp-fishing/359081-bite-alarm-receivers.html

Ahh sorry Didn't see that link opps :p Seems like a good option, My first link to the Delkim Site is what I'm going for ( http://www.delkim.co.uk/what-are-the-best-indication-methods-for-catching-pike/ ). Any one have any suggestions?

thanks.

Last edited:

old school

Reaction score
Hi Lads,

First post on the Forum :) I think I'm posting in the right section!

So I'm On the market for either 1 or 2 alarms for deadbaiting, Like this What are the Best Indication Methods for Catching Pike?.The alarms I was looking at were the Delkims Ev Plus, Firstly I have a E.T backbiter alarm which i find great and I would get but I'm using buzz bars instead of a rod pod and I wont be able to have another Backbite alarm on the Buzz bar, So I'm thinking of getting The Ev plus Alarms As there probably the most I can afford, Now I normally fish with Ledgers and have tight lines.. What's the differences with the TXi compared the Ev Plus ? Just that the TXi is more sensitive ? Not sure If I might get two alarms As I said I have the backbiter but I'm planning on fishing Overnight a few times this season, and I would need a Receiver but that will wait :w :p All my Deadbait fishing as said are with ledgers normally!

Need it To be waterproof as the weather here is Ireland is awful! :D

Thanks.
Good luck with your night fishing for pike mate,must say that i dont agree with pike fishing at night,Please try and stay awake and hit any runs a.s.a.p

thecrow

Reaction score
Good luck with your night fishing for pike mate,must say that i dont agree with pike fishing at night,Please try and stay awake and hit any runs a.s.a.p

Having fished for pike at night I don't see the difference day/night, hitting runs from pike should be done quickly no matter when fishing.

My biggest fish came just on light on a bait that had been out all night, I am sure pike remember where baits are and return when they want to feed.

imo the best alarm for pike are these

www.billysbackbiters.co.uk/

Last edited:

ranger1

Reaction score
Thanks for your comments.

To be honest I won't be doing much overnighters anyways, what's the difference anyways between night fishing I only use semi barbless anyways..

I have the exact same alarms but it's called an E.T backbiter alarm, but I can't get another one as it wouldn't work on a buzz bar setup!

old school

Reaction score
The difference between daytime fishing and night time fishing is ......YOU TEND TO FALL ASLEEP.

ranger1

Reaction score
I'm actually trying not to fall asleep at all since I'm young ( stupid I know but when your young. ) have done it before a few times with carp but was using a friends alarms (with receiver obviously) It's just incase I did fall asleep anyways. If I did fall asleep I'd be up and have the rods right beside me and strike? No need to HAVE CAPS ON.

fathom75

Reaction score
Could you not use rod pod adaptors. That way you could use 2 rear alarms

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

ranger1

Reaction score
Hi lads

Update bought 2 Delkim standard plus white and blue alarms under a year old and looked mint for 120£.
Got 2 nitelite bobbins
Delkim Smart clips
Should be sorted another question do Delkim repair out of Warrenty alarms just wondering I herd there support is good.

Thanks.

old_school

Reaction score
delkim product support is superb, take a look at their website. welcome to the delkim owners club where excuses no longer count ;-)

ranger1

Reaction score
Great,

Hopefully they work okay first time buying second hand alarms!

Should be a good setup, spool open and connected to the Delkim smart clips on a nitelite pro bobbin to the alarm...

Just to try it out now!

paulas

Reaction score
Having fished for pike at night I don't see the difference day/night, hitting runs from pike should be done quickly no matter when fishing.

My biggest fish came just on light on a bait that had been out all night, I am sure pike remember where baits are and return when they want to feed.

imo the best alarm for pike are these

Billys Back Biters

billys backbiters for me aswell. If it goes off its a run!! no false bleeps, shows drop backs really well, and the service is good

predators21

Reaction score

I do agree with the above, however aslong as your being sensible then there shouldn't be a problem. If your a deep sleeper, or not on a receiver then think long and hard as its going to be hard taking out deep hooked pike at 3am in your pants lol.

Personally I wouldn't use delks or anything else than billys backbitters. Also I wouldn't dream of using anything else than single bank sticks. Set up straight inline with the lead. No resistance on the rod tips and the eyes. No angles, a straight line.

ranger1

Reaction score
Went for Delkims with a Delkim smart clip when when a pike picks the deadbait up it would take it off the smart clip with no resistance (bale is open) had great success with this setup.

ranger1

Reaction score
Is that with or without a drop off indicator?

Yes if you look up Delkim smart clips you'll see, it basically acts as a drop off when the fish takes it, the alarm sounds and the fish can then take the line free from the open bale