World Record Pike

C

Chris Bishop

Pikelines published a grainy B/W picture of what was claimed to be a world record pike weighing 80lbs from Bulgaria.

What do people reckon..? Is it for real..?Click here for image.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
I don't like the bit in bettween the right hand person and the middle bit? Maybe just being a sceptic though. I recall a very large pike was netted in Germany in the past.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
aaaaaaworldrecord.jpg

Reaction score
I remember seeing a documentary on the Bulgarian Nuclear Industry. The brave British t.v. crew entered this facility and started to measure the radiation from liquid oozing out of the valves. Almost immediately an expletive could be heard followed by that lovely shaky footage you get when a film crew decides to get the f**k out of anywhere.

Here we see the clear advantages of the Bulgarian Nuclear programme.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Yep it has to be pants Spidee Man, I've seen pics of three men holding 150lb+ sturgeon.

It's fake!

Morespiders

Reaction score
Paul, he doesnt look stupid enough to be Corker. <blockquote class=quoteheader>PoshPaul (ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Spiders,

That bloke in the middle ..short, impish grin, silly hat.....remind you of somebody? </blockquote>

Reaction score
LOL nice one Chris! April is more traditional!

Fair play to the Umpa Lumpas tho, they certainly got the photographer's command to stand 'heroically' a la Prince George inBlackadder 3...

Philip

Reaction score
Modern clothes like cargo trousers but grainy black and white photo in a day and age when just aboutevery mobile phone comes with a colour digital camera.

Fake !

kevin wyatt 2

Reaction score
its just does not right to me i would have to say its a made up picture .

amazing what you can do to pictures now on a computer and the right software

actually there was 4 umpa lumpa's but the fourth was used as bait after seeing this fish in there swim /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

kevin

C

Chris Bishop

Had AT on about it today, they're going to track down the guy who sent the picture in to Pikelines.

michael jones 4

Reaction score
What could it possibly live on 2 get that big out there the umpa lumpa's have eat all the coarse fish it probably eat one of their mates!!!! defo blag!

M

MarkTheSpark

It's a fake, or maybe someone has run a 30 through a mangle before giving it a good stretching...

Colin Brett

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>MarkTheSpark wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>It's a fake, or maybe someone has run a 30 through a mangle before giving it a good stretching...</blockquote>

Mark,

I'm sure you could now do a better job with Photoshop!/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Colin

Jon Warrener

Reaction score
Can't believe it got into the mag, or that you're asking people's opinions Chris. Probably the worst fake fish pic I've ever seen.